5.0 out of 5 stars Alpha to Omega The A-Z of Teaching Reading, Writing and Spel, 4 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
This is an excellent multi-sensory programme, written specifically for dyslexic learners. It can also be a useful resource for busy class teachers, needing spelling lists/language activities for the literacy hour.
It teaches the rules for each spelling pattern and contains guidance to indicate how frequently each word is used, thus enabling teachers to create differentialted/extension lists for varying ability groups.
In addition to phonic instruction, A - O also contains dictations for spelling practise, activities for language usage and games. It can be used on its own or alongside the acompanying activity packs or with any other suitable resources at the teachers discretion.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have used this book so much to help me ..., 11 Jan. 2015
I have used this book so much to help me plan tutoring sessions for my dyslexic students. It is not the most up to date but everything is covered as far as I can see. Combined with the worksheets which are free on the internet it makes preparation for lessons so much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy way to teach children English as a second language., 13 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
I have started using the Alpha to Omega Teacher's Handbook to teach a friend's daughter English as a second language and my son who speaks English to begin reading in English. I thought that, as a beginner my friend's daughter needed to learn the very basics of English as is layed out in the first stage of this three part course for teaching reading. Within less than a month she was able to read in English and spell the words I dictated to her! My son is also reading quite well for his age. He is six years old. My friend's daughter is making steady progress. I am eager to go on to the second stage of the programme with her. I am now using the programme to teach another group of foreign students English. We are at the first stage and it has once again simplified my tasks in teaching the letter names and sounds. Once the children have mastered this part of stage one completing the other part just seems to be easier for the children. It is not a tedious task to teach the letter sounds and names as the children can transfer their knowledge from their language to English. This makes us progress quite steadily. I feel that this could be an interesting avenue to explore in the teaching of English as a second language. I certainly recommend it for beginners and would love to comment more on the other stages of the programme as or/when I get to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Feb. 2015
very useful classroom resource

4.0 out of 5 stars Still in good shape, 16 Aug. 2013
L. Gallage (UK) - See all my reviews
This product came on time and was still in good use! It did have string binding but overall I'm Happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book, 6 Sept. 2014
An essential book that is very much appreciated in Steiner Waldorf Schools.

Alpha to Omega: Stage Two Activity Pack: A. to Z. of Teaching Reading, Writing and Spelling
Used & New from: £38.40