5.0 out of 5 stars Made for Kids Of All Ages!, 23 Nov 2001
By A Customer
What a book! This book contains Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, Duck, Annie and Clarabel. I love the story named "Gordon Goes Foreigen". Gordon and Duck have been arguing about what London's called. Gordon says it's King's Cross. Duck says it's Paddington. Gordon finally get's to go to London to find out. When he returns, they are both wrong. London's St. Patrick! I can not put this book down. I'm hooked.
It shows how inportant the "Eight Famous Engines" are. My only dissopointment is when Thomas shows off while he's teaching Jinty, a replacement while he's in London with the others, and runs into some buffers damaging himself. You would expect that from Gordon or James, wouldn't you? He almost missed going to London. Except for for that accident, I just love this here book. Why don't you read it? It's a blast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Children's Book., 19 Nov 2001
By A Customer
My four year old loves this book, as well as other titles in the Railway Series. Though like other parent-reviewers I remember the original editions, I have to say my child enjoys these new editions whole-heartedly. The colours and small, hard-back size delight her, and she likes slowly collecting the set over time. I hope Heineman issues more. Highly recommended.

Eight Famous Engines (Railway)
Eight Famous Engines (Railway) by Rev. W. Awdry (Hardcover - 15 Sep 1957)
Used & New from: 0.01