5.0 out of 5 stars Relentless
Clearly everyone responds differently to the same piece of work, but I suspect the reader below may have read some other book altogether - Eternity Weeps is certainly not "predictable twaddle".
Published on 14 Jun 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars I want my money back!
well, I have to side with the reviewer who called this twaddle because it is. This is a really bad book.

Published on 9 Aug 2006 by Paul Tapner

5.0 out of 5 stars Relentless, 14 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Eternity Weeps (New Doctor Who Adventures) (Paperback)
The Turkey setting is vivid, the characters are well-drawn (especially Bernice and Jason), and I found the plot to be interesting and surprising. What impresses most about this book is the emotional punch it packs -(something Mortimore is evidently rather adept at (see Lucifer Rising)- , particularly in the relentless final chapters. Powerful stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars I want my money back!, 9 Aug 2006
Paul Tapner (poole dorset england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Eternity Weeps (New Doctor Who Adventures) (Paperback)

A few books earlier in the range, in one called happy endings, benny got married, and left the tardis. But because the publishers decided to give her a series of her own, they decided to separate her and her husband in order to make it work. Thus the marital discord in this is believable, but it also feels horribly contrived and it's simply annoying to read. I brought happy endings thinking it was one, and so this left me feeling terribly cheated.

The plot? Standard doctor who stuff. The doctor doesn't figure that much. And in trying to be a grown up book we have it's other problem: horrible gory non stop gratituous violence. It's a deeply unpleasant read, and it also takes some liberties with the fate of a character from the tv show. Which was just unnecessary.

Over nine years since I read this, and It still leaves me feeling annoyed and depressed and cheated. Hope it stays out of print

1.0 out of 5 stars And So Did I, 20 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Eternity Weeps (New Doctor Who Adventures) (Paperback)
I wish that there was an option for Zero crowns as this ranks as one of the worst books I have ever read. It starts off badly and goes downhill. It took me a while to get to the end of the book and I considered it time wasted. After reading a number of his books I am firmly convinced that Jim Mortimore should take up another profession - writing certainly is not his forte. The story was poor, the characters were uninteresting, the whole thing was predictable twaddle with little to commend it. Hopefully this book will stay out of print.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am weeping still, 5 Sep 2006
This review is from: Eternity Weeps (New Doctor Who Adventures) (Paperback)
Well I have little to add because the previous reviewer summed it up perfectly: A big pile of cack. I have checked, and it is the same novel that 'A Reviewer' read, unfortunately it is relentless in only one way: relentlessly dull.

Eternity Weeps (New Doctor Who Adventures)
Eternity Weeps (New Doctor Who Adventures) by Jim Mortimore (Paperback - 16 Jan 1997)
Used & New from: 2.06