Published on 8 Nov. 2010 by Mr. M. S. Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very sleepy...
It's funny that contrary to the previous reviewer I WAS able to put this book down - after Chapter One in fact. The title is very appropriate because that's exactly how I felt once I started reading this. Kate Orman also now has the distinction of writing the three worst 'New Adventures' entries in the forty-nine that I have read so far.
Published on 16 April 2006 by Captain Pugwash

4.0 out of 5 stars 'What do I get if I win?' 'All the angst you can eat. And me?' 'All the angst I can eat.', 8 Nov. 2010
Mr. M. S. Cook (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleepy (New Doctor Who Adventures) (Paperback)
After the full on emotional assault of Left-Handed Hummingbird and Set Piece, Kate Orman settles down a bit here; confining the action to one time and place (well almost) and by and large not torturing the Doctor and his companions (aside from spot of psychic probing). The book is therefore much more laid back and is actually all the better for it. The regular cast are written to perfection and there comes a point where you just like hanging out with them. The one-of characters aren't quite as well defined, but the Doctor's antagonist Colonel White is a great foil for the Doctor (who slowerly drives him insane) and the Dot Smith-Smith a deaf girl who suddenly develops telepathy much to her irritation, are great and its almost a shame they never reappeared.
As with the previous books, Orman's plot rockets along nicely and manages to play with some of the NA cliche's (most of which she created!); paticularly the Doctor running struggle to avoid unnessecary deaths, which signals the character's movement towards the redemption he achieves in the final books in the series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very sleepy..., 16 April 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 April 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Sleepy (New Doctor Who Adventures) (Paperback)
This book is able to keep you on your toes the whole time. It can get confusing in parts where the books goes into the past but other than that an excellent book. Once you've started reading it you won't be able to put it down

Sleepy (New Doctor Who Adventures)
Sleepy (New Doctor Who Adventures) by Kate Orman (Paperback - 21 Mar. 1996)
Used & New from: £3.46