5.0 out of 5 stars The borgias once more.
Published 5 months ago by P. Wilson

Very popular I know but I couldn't get into it. Lots of pages about toga styles etc. Girly talk is good of course when writing about women but just lost my attention I'm afraid.
Published 4 months ago by Suchea

5.0 out of 5 stars The borgias once more., 13 July 2014
P. Wilson (Northampton UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book concerning that nasty family , The Borgias, and their ruling powers. My only regret is that I read this book before the first in the series, therefore I know all the characters and their fates. I just feel that Kate,s first book would not be the same with this knowledge. So, I ask everybody, READ BOOK ONE FIRST. This is an excel ant book, full of great detail and knowledge. A must for any one interested in this notorious family and their times. Well done Kate, you have put a lot of work and study into this masterpiece. Now, do I get interested in the earlier roman history ? Peter W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 July 2014
This review is from: The Lion and the Rose (Novel of the Borgias) (Paperback)
I love Kate Quinn's novels and cannot wait for the next one that's out in November - the old characters are back! This book is fantastic, as always Kate brings history to life. There are many twists and turns in the plot which keep you gripped until the end. There is an unlikely love story going on which is just so heart warming. This combined with much intrigue, plotting, lust and of course bloody murder makes for another great story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book - Horrible Coved!!, 1 July 2014
Don't be out off by the horrible cover, it is in fact a great read! Gripping, characters are engrossing - I have no idea how accurate it is but I don't care. I just got lost in the world of Borgias!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan 2014
J. E. Jones "Adanayah" (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lion and the Rose (Novel of the Borgias) (Paperback)
I've read her roman series, so I was champing at the bit for this one - and it didn't disappoint me one bit. It's a really good book and there wasn't a single stage where I cheated and skipped bits that didn't engage me. Wonderful characters with so many plots you really did feel as if Kate had brought the court of Alexander the sixth right into your bedroom.

3.0 out of 5 stars Girly talk is good of course when writing about women but just lost ..., 10 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Oct 2014
brilliant read

The Lion and the Rose (Novel of the Borgias)
The Lion and the Rose (Novel of the Borgias) by Kate Quinn (Paperback - 7 Jan 2014)