5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it.... wow
Published on 2 May 2013 by bazzypants

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable but also pass-over-able...........
Hmmmm I wanted to enjoy this book much more than I did, it is ok but that's it, that's about it can surmount too for me.

Published 21 months ago by An avid reader.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable but also pass-over-able..........., 11 Aug. 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fever (Breathless Trilogy) (Paperback)

I got cross with the endless waffle, the endless drifts of text between action, so much of it was unnecessary. Those bits were so boring I found myself skipping lots of it. Have to say even their sexy scenes became a little less sizzling and more like a heated simmer, it was as though my attention had been lost because of the unneeded summarisations, this happened even inbetween conversations, the characters would be talking and then off we would go on a tangent and I wanted to scream.

So anyway if you can handle books written like that then your will enjoy this, the plot is very predictable, there was no sense of urgency for the reader to plough through, it was sometimes a bit more like needing to be forceful to finish it.

I can't deny the characters do come to life, the story was ok and the sex was good albeit what I said above. The plot though was weak,the deliverance I would say even weaker, it was padded out far too much and this seriously leaves me wondering about reading the third book, I don't know if I can honestly take it but I would like to know what happens to Ash............sigh, I'll have to leave it a while and see if I can read it in the future.

Also yet again for such an astonishing pricey cost for these books (especially the kindle prices) I think the writing should be outstanding and sadly it isn't. The writing really does not warrant the price tag and there are humungously better authors (especially Indie) out there at a fraction of this cost and I really do wonder where people like Maya get the idea that their high price tags are ok to charge. Again I was able to read a lent paperback, would I ever purchase one of them - no - nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it.... wow, 2 May 2013
Sexy hot and a fantastic listen yet again by Maya Banks. The second in the trilogy this book follows the story of Jace one of the super fit friend's of Gabe and Ash who by the way all work together in their super rich job's. In the story of Jace we find him and friend Ash sharing more than just their work load, Bethany enters the calm that is their lives and this soon starts to cause a strain on the friendship, This is another very hot, hot, blush, story. So mad now that l have to wait till august for the third book all about Ash, cant wait if the last two are anything to go by......... Ash I'm coming to get you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fever, 4 April 2014
Second book first book I devoured this one is bit more long winded and lovey dovey. Still worth a read but am finding it very slow going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fever by Maya Banks, 10 Dec. 2013
One of Maya Banks' s bests. Absolutely adored it. One of those books you couldn't put the book down...till you read it all! Would read it over and over again! :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Give me more!!!!!, 24 Sept. 2013
What a trilogy!!! I'd heard the hype but just hadn't managed to get around to reading these books and I'm sorry I held off so long. I can't wait to start Burn.

Ok the story was probably a little unlikely in real life but who wants real life!!! That's why we read, right???

I must admit to wanting to jump to Ash's story in favour of Jace but I didn't and I wasn't disappointed. Ok, Jace irritated me at times but I soon forgave him. It was a bit of a Cinderella storyline with the gorgeous, wealthy, powerful guy falling for the penniless and broken girl. Let's face it, a HEA is what we are all looking for :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this one, 18 Sept. 2013
Even though it was a bit far fetched, was unlike any other book I've read, kept me glued through out. Sex scenes in the beginning were a tad bit full on but after that I couldn't put it down. Loved both these characters

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor imagination, terribly fake, 9 Sept. 2013
Poor imagination, if there was anything lower than 1 star that's what it would ve got. Read book 1, thought it was poor thought 2 would be an improvement but alas it's a bloody waste of money, definitely not venturing into 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm..... rush was way better..., 29 Aug. 2013
Only ok.... storyline was good but I was expecting more from this book - especially for the price. Still tho, I like maya banks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend this trilogy, 20 Aug. 2013
This trilogy was a complete waste of money. Totally unrealistic, no real story lines, not even a hint of romance. This author has written much better books than this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant, 13 July 2013
It took me a week to finish this book, a sure sign that I wasn't really enjoying this. I liked the start but halfway through, it dragged on for me. I'm not sure if Bethany is a saint or an idiot when it comes to the guy she considers her brother, Jack. I want to love this book but I don't. The only saving grace are the hot sex scenes. Although Jace and Bethany kept on and on about their love, for some reason, I did not feel the emotional connection between them, sorry. Also, as I have griped about before in my review of Rush, I don't think the price of this book on Kindle is justifiable. I don't think this is good value for money. But still, I will buy the next book on the trilogy, Burn, just because Ash is my favourite of the three guys. I just hope his is a better story.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Fever (Breathless Trilogy)
Fever (Breathless Trilogy) by Maya Banks (Paperback - 4 July 2013)