4.0 out of 5 stars No Menage
This is Connor & Lyric's story. Connor is not like his friends and does not like what goes on in "the house" nor is he in to the kinky sex or menage as some of the others in the series.
Published on 22 May 2011 by Laura W

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted more for Connor
I've been looking forward to Connor's story for a long time. Maybe that's why I feel a little let down. I wanted to love his story. I love Maya Banks and this whole Sweet series. I have every book on my keeper shelf. And I will put this one there as well, with the whole series, but it will not be one I reach to re-read again.

This story is more sweet and just a...
Published on 25 Nov 2011 by S. Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars No Menage, 22 May 2011
Laura W (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sweet Possession (Paperback)
Connor is asked to guard singer Lyric. When they first meet neither of them like each other and Connor refuses the job but Pop persuades him. It doesn't take long for Connor to start liking Lyric and vice versa. Lyric has a stalker so she needs to be guarded 24 hours a day by Connor.
There is much interaction with the other girls in the series - Faith, Angelina, Serena and Julie..when the girls get together with Lyric, these are funny scenes.
This book has sweet sex scenes - there isn't as much heat as in the other books, but some people were not keen on Micah and Angelina's story, so maybe Maya has decided to tone things down.
Lyric has some problems from her past which threaten to get in the way of Connor's love for her.
My only criticism is I do not like books that take place over a week or two, I prefer the stories to last longer (Lauren Dane does this well)but that is a personal preference.
I recommend this book and the others in the series. I hope Kane's story is next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Possesion, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sweet Possession (Paperback)
Says it all in the title of this book. Fantastic read from start to finish. Once you start this book you cant put it down. a proper girlie book for sure

5.0 out of 5 stars another good book from Maya Banks, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sweet Possession (Paperback)
Just finsh reading this book (Only got it today) and i must say that even tho it is totally different from the other Sweet books i loved it just the same. Conner is just so funny and the way Lric comes into his world and turns eveythink upside down is just so great to See the normal carm and in control Conner not so carm and in control. It's such a sweet love sorry and Conner is not into the kinky side of things (even tho i don't mind the kinky things in the other books it is nice just to have a sweet love sorry) Can't wait for the next book, hope it's Kane's book fell in love with him in this book !

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted more for Connor, 25 Nov 2011
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sweet Possession (Paperback)

This story is more sweet and just a little sexy, not scorching hot like the other ones in the series. And if you've read Damon and Micah, you know exactly what I mean. And even Nathan. Personally, I didn't feel a lot of chemistry between Connor and Lyric. Connor is more vanilla, and not that there's anything wrong with that. But as compared to the others in the series, the story just didn't grab me or excite me. Even if he's not going to be into the things his friends are, I still needed him to be sexier, hotter, the way I know MB can write a hero. I wasn't expecting Connor to be over the top like the previous heroes, but I did expect his story to be exciting and sexy.

I did like seeing everyone again, catching up on baby news, and seeing how the relationships have developed. Damon, my sexy barbarian, still turns me on. Micah is still super intense. Nathan still cracks me up trying to rope Julie in. It was fun seeing the girls all together, getting sloshed while Sam stands guard. And to see Micah wearing a baby Snuggie, too funny. It was nice catching up with characters who feel like old friends to me.

Other than for seeing the previous characters again, I didn't love this story. It just didn't do a lot for me, and this might get me killed by other MB fans. While I loved the rest of the series, with Sweet Persuasion being one of my all-time favorite books, I don't feel I could hound someone to read Sweet Possession. I don't feel as if I would have missed anything by not having read the story. I was expecting, hoping for more in Connor's story.

ARRAY(0xaf60315c)

Sweet Possession
Sweet Possession by Maya Banks (Paperback - 31 Dec 2012)
9.55