5.0 out of 5 stars In Love With The Professor
Published on 20 July 2012 by Andrea

3.0 out of 5 stars In which poor Gabriel is redeemed to death
I jest, of course.

One word for this book; erratic. Some of the content is wonderful, 5 star quality stuff, some of it is annoying, and some of it is actually a bit cringey.

If you've read Gabriel's Inferno, which was brilliant, then I do recommend you read Gabriel's Rapture, because ultimately it is a satisfying conclusion, but be prepared to wince...
Published on 16 Sept. 2012 by :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars In Love With The Professor, 20 July 2012
I fell in love with Professor Emerson in Gabriel's Inferno when it was the chosen read for our book club, naturally I had to read the sequel to find out what happened to Gabriel and Julia and wasn't disappointed, couldn't put the book down. I lived through the pain, frustration and, most of all, the love they felt for each other. I've never laughed, cried and shouted so much at a book like I did with Gabriel's Rapture. Can't begin to describe how I passionate I feel about this beautiful love story and I know the book club girls feel the same way. We can't get enough of the Professor and hope Sylvain Reynard takes pity on us and writes a third book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable characters and informative on Dante!, 26 Aug. 2012
I thought this series was brilliant. The characters were interesting and captivating. I also loved the links to Dante which, previously, i must confess i didnt know much about.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG Please put on your reading list!!!', 26 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Gabriel's Rapture (Paperback)
Its nearly 1am in the morning and I've just finished Gabriel 's Rapture. I can't stop crying, tears of joy. It's a must to read, please if you read any books before the end 2012, please read Gabriels Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sequel and thoroughly well plotted, I loved it., 4 Aug. 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Jealousy, suspense and a fantastically woven love story. This story will remain with me long after the last page and these two books I will revisit many times in the future.

A love story that is both satisfying as it is engrossing and quite simply a page turner. I've come to love all the characters within it's pages and I thank the author for allowing a view into the world of Academia. It was enlightening and very well executed into being brought to life. Sylvian, I would like to thank you for some wonderful escapism, for both Dante's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense and amazing., 13 Jun. 2012
I devoured this book in a couple of days. Like the first Gabriels Inferno I could not put it down, I found it very intense and was impatient to find out the conclusion. I loved the story and I'm suprised both books are not more popular.

4.0 out of 5 stars *Sigh* Not Rapturous..., 24 May 2012
I'm rather reluctant to write this review. I've been putting it off for a day really thinking about what I wanted to say, finally here we go.

Gabriel's Inferno was one of my favorite books of the year, I couldn't wax on about it enough, so I was so looking forward to Rapture, so much that I downloaded it at 12am on the morning it was released. Right from the first few pages I knew that this book wasn't going to live up to it's predecessor. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of really good writing, Sylvain Reynard is a talent there is no denying that, he continues to weave his intellectual magic through his prose, (though his narrative voice isn't as sarcastic as previously, which I miss) and Professor Gabriel Emerson is as entertaining as ever, intense, sexy, infuriating at times; the perfect romantic novel hero. Where this book fell down for me was in the dialogue, I, more often than I'd have wished, found it immature and at times pedantic. The whole book also felt very rushed, or maybe just badly thought out/edited. For instance there were pages given over to scenarios that did not particularly moved the plot along or added any value to the experience,(Paul in Vermont at Christmas, wrapping presents, why?!) but then mere mentions/asides of important scene which we never got to read (Gabriel's final discussion with Paulina, I would have been really interested in being "present" for that chat), I'm not sure if we needed a word for word account of Gabriel's Uffizi lecture, yes it gave Reynard a chance to impress us with his knowledge/thorough research on the subject but it's a specialist topic, one in which not every reader would necessarily have been interested. I would have like to have read the scene where Gabriel had dinner with his family when he returned home for the Rachel's wedding and had to explain his actions; these are the kind of editing choices I didn't understand.

Finally my feeling are that Rapture was a contractual obligation that needed to be delivered on time, with a certain amount of pages and tick certain amount of boxes and that is what it does; but it doesn't feel "loved" the way Inferno did, I wonder if there was maybe too much editorial interference, because unlike Inferno which started it's life on a fan fiction site and as such was completely the work of the author, Rapture might have had more imput from outside sources ie Omnific Publishing. If you've already started the series then it would be a disservice not to complete it and as such I am glad I took the time to read Rapture, I just wish it's effect on me were more reminiscent of Inferno (I read that book cover to cover around 4 times!) I do though look forward to reading whatever else Reynard comes out with after this.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love after FSOG, 8 July 2012
Ive purchased this after trying to find "something lost" after reading the 50shades trilogy within 4 days,re-reading it, being sidetracked by bared to you and finally I'm no longer aching after Christians and Anas story.
Gabriel and Julianne have taken my emotions and passion for them to a different level:I've laughed and cried so much reading the full story)within the past 2 days and I'm beyond relieved that they found their happily ever after. The story and writing perspective to me has more substance than FSOG (and that's a huge thing to come from me-my husband knows how fondly I've been talking about it over and over and over and over again)and if you'd asked me which story I prefer it's gabriels and Julia's!I'll be re-reading it shortly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Gabriel's Rapture (Paperback)
This was bought for my girlfriend, she seems to like this sort of book and it kept her quiet long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all about Gabriel, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Gabriel's Rapture (Paperback)
The minute I finished Gabriel's Inferno, I started the second book in the trilogy, and have to say I absoutely loved this book and read late into last night just to finish it. SR is a very talented author, who certainly knows how to write themes such as love, redemption and other things into his books.

I fell in love with Professor Gabriel Emerson and Julia Mitchell from the moment I read the first book, and would recommend this book to anyone. I went through so many emotions while reading this.

You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait to read it again and again!, 10 Jan. 2013
I've read this book twice and can't wait to read it again! The author manages to capture the intensity of Gabriel and Julianne' s love story perfectly! I would love a third book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gabriel's Rapture
Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard (Paperback - 4 Sept. 2012)
Used & New from: £5.80