5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest Blade, 30 April 2014
Ronda (Newcastle England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharpest Blade, The : A Shadow Reader Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Deep breath.... Words escape me! I haven't read a book that has had this effect on me in such a long time... This book, this trilogy is stunning, amazing, breath catching and gut wrenching - sometimes all at once, other times bit by slow debilitating bit!!!

I am deeply saddened to reach the ending of these books but I have to say it is a trilogy that will remain with me for a very long time and I know for a fact they will reach my re-read pile - on more than one occasion.

I have to tip my hat to Sandy Williams, her writing is beautiful and it captured my imagination, the detail she imprinted onto my mind was second-to-none... I can't explain it properly...

Sandy's characters were 'out of this world', no pun intended and as I read the final book, Sandy's characters dove into my heart and at times wrenched the tears right from my eyes... I was torn apart at times, the action that pulled me through the pages left no emotion unturned...

I have to say I highly recommend this trilogy, the best books I have read in a long time... simply stunning!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sharpest Blade Review, 11 April 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This riveting addition to the Shadow Reader series keeps the adrenaline pumping as McKenzie Lewis continues to be torn between two worlds and two lives. I was completely engrossed in the book from beginning to end and the author threw some surprises in that kept me wondering what she was up to. The shadow reader concept is interesting and refreshingly different which spices things up a bit and McKenzie is a captivating heroine that really stands out and has come a long way in this fascinating series.

See my full review at: Night Owl Review .com

5.0 out of 5 stars The exceptional ending to the most thrilling trilogy i have read this year!, 8 Jan 2014
Having already read book 1 and 2 of the Shadow Reader trilogy {the shadow reader & the shattered dark}, i was eagerly awaiting with much anticipation the conclusion to this addictive series!

I adore urban fantasy and love how this story contains all those qualities which you expect to find; from the gutsy heroine to the non-stop, fast-paced action and shocking twists in the tale. I was glued to the pages throughout lost within the vast world-building and colourful characters, all of which was so magnetic and alluring on the page. Sandy Williams vision and refreshing creative flair that she sprinkles within her stories, will delight all avid readers of fantasy and novels that contain an unexpected eclectic edge to them.

I was blown away by book 3 and so would highly recomend this undeniably magnificent series to all who seek a story that will grab you from page 1...and never let go!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Shadow Reader" series book 3, 14 Jun 2014
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In the 3rd book of this urban fantasy series, McKenzie is still trying to come to terms with the new dynamics between herself, Aren and Kyol, and how these affect her relationships with both Fae. There is again a ridiculous amount of action and magic as she dives head first into danger to protect those she cares for. The identity of the powerful False Blood is at last revealed, and McKenzie proves incredibly resourceful when facing an enemy that clearly outmatches her in physical and magical strength.

There are some moments of heartbreak as established characters don't survive encounters with their enemies or the sacrifices they make, plus plenty of tension as a number of significant individuals' lives hang in the balance. I've thoroughly enjoyed each book in this series, but I've got to say this is the best so far. Although there is closure to McKenzie's love triangle, plus the Fae may finally face some stability in their realm, I hope further books are planned.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite authors, 8 Jun 2014
I love this book and the two before. I love the action, excitement and romance. A fast paced, great read!

Sharpest Blade, The : A Shadow Reader Novel
Sharpest Blade, The : A Shadow Reader Novel by Sandy Williams (Mass Market Paperback - 20 Feb 2014)
4.68