4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting continuation twist
Let me open by saying I've read all of the Clone series to date. I've found it an enjoyable series, with a fast overall pace, that are fairly easy (light) reading.
The previous book (Redemption) slowed down a bit as the Avatari were expunged from the story arc (I thought in a slightly under-whelming manner) and Harris focuses on Earth.

Sedition doesn't...
Published 23 months ago by Story Fanatic

2.0 out of 5 stars A very poor addition to an otherwise good series
I'll start by saying the rest of the Clone books are really good fun reads, and it ended the series well with the Clone Redemption. Even at the end of that book, the author said that was probably it for Wayson Harris - and that would have been fine, but then we have this pile of doodoo.

It starts off ok, and the overall reprogramming storyline COULD have been...
Published 24 months ago by Kodiak

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting continuation twist, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Clone Sedition (Ace Science Fiction) (Mass Market Paperback)

Sedition doesn't jump about the Milky way to different spiral arms - it's all Solar system - and I think in many ways it is the better for it. It is also a little more morally challenging in some of the content and I found the descriptions used to allude to what was done to Harris gritty, adding more depth to the character potential.

During the sequences where Harris is being "tampered with" I found myself reading very late into the night as I couldn't stop at that point!

In contrast to another reviewer, I quite like the way Watson is used as a non-Clone character, providing a different viewpoint that can be further developed.

You could view this as a transitionary volume, taking us into new story-arc territory - but not one to be missed.

I look forward to reading the next Clone book, with Sedition leaving hints of characters who may be a new class of clone, or unknowingly/unwittingly be a template for (at least a small number of) clones, political mysteries to be unravelled and inner fears to be conquered.

2.0 out of 5 stars A very poor addition to an otherwise good series, 28 Dec 2012

It starts off ok, and the overall reprogramming storyline COULD have been good - there's the glimmer of greatness hidden away in there - but the first person chapters of Wayson getting brainwashed and not having a clue about what he's actually done, intermixed with the new character of Watson who nobody cares about, it all results in a dull story.

This continues through most of the book, even though the reader can tell from very early on what's happened and just wants the story to progress. Even Freeman didn't have his usual mystery or menace!

Finally, my other major gripe is that the overall galactic picture hasn't changed. Nothings changed on Earth - there's no real unrest, even with the majority of a galactic economy being wiped out in the previous books by the Avatari, and everyone on Earth are just going about their daily business. The only sign we have of people being in major distress due to this are the Olympus Kri refugees on Mars.

It just feels churned out to make money (if it was, fair play, I still bought it), and even though I'll probably borrow the next Clone book anyway, I just hope it's better than this mess. Compared to the other books, this wasn't very good at all.

The Clone Sedition (Ace Science Fiction)
The Clone Sedition (Ace Science Fiction) by Steven L. Kent (Mass Market Paperback - Oct 2012)
Used & New from: £0.25