Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 30 October 2013
I _loved_ the previous two books, and while I like this one, the several of the many battle sequences seemed more filler than plot.
The finale seemed a little too signposted - clues to tricks should be readily seen only in hindsight to leave the reader thinking 'Ohh, I should have seen that coming!' rather than 'yup, plan worked according to schedule.'

That's not going to stop fans of the previous books from reading this, and I'll keep buying the sequels for as long as they are written.
on 5 August 2015
The crew of Hellfire are all hand picked to be experts in multiple skills. Yet also picked to not be critical to any other part of the war effort. An entire crew cannot simultaneously be the best in the fleet & not significant. Even if the author says they are.

The main gun on Hellfire doesn't really need a precog to aim it, to minimise friendly fire. Just make sure you always fire up/down relative to the plane of the ecliptic. Or if close in to the star, fire when your target is directly between you and the star.
on 30 December 2013
Jean Johnson manages to keep my interest in this series by showing Ia dealing with her ship and crew in various crises with the enemy, also dealing with distrust from her commanders, her personal development of her powers, and lets her develop a personal life, not bad in a relatively short book. I look forward to the next one
on 13 December 2013
As much as I love the whole series, this book was even better.

Enjoyable to read I couldn't put it down until it was finished, I can't wait for the fourth book (Theirs Not To Reason Why: DAMNATION)
on 25 January 2015
1st of two books to round out the story, I enjoyed the storyline, and look forward to see where things go from here....
on 28 December 2013
a nice read very well written i found a hard book to put down very enjoyable looking forward to the next book
on 19 December 2013
reasonable read I do like if the author doe not get to much into fantasy and this volume was rather that way
on 20 September 2015
I bought this set of five books to go on holiday and found them fantastic reading.
on 26 July 2014
Military Space Opera, though rather more for the girls than the boys.
on 18 October 2015
Good story but once again giving and repeating too much