4.0 out of 5 stars Animal Magnetism book 3
Published 10 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

1.0 out of 5 stars Silly Me!
I thought this book was about animals!! Animals do not behave in such a inane and futile way, not my kind of thing.
Published 18 months ago by MrsJ M. Hardman

4.0 out of 5 stars Animal Magnetism book 3, 26 Aug. 2014
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
When I'm looking for a fun, light hearted romance that is full of humour Jill Shalvis is one of my go to authors because I know that's exactly what she'll deliver. Rescue My Heart is a perfect example of that and I enjoyed every minute of Adam and Holly's story. I'm a huge fan of the Lucky Harbor series but I think I might have to say I'm enjoying this one even more, I think it's the cute animals and their crazy antics that add that little extra something but that wouldn't work without the fantastic characters or super hot romance. Although each of the stories in this series work as a stand alone I'd recommend reading them in order because the characters do appear throughout the entire series.

If you've read the first two books you'll already know that Adam is the brother of the previous heroes Brady and Dell. You'll also know that since returning home from the war he has been suffering from PTSD and he has pretty much closed himself off from the world trying to lose himself in his work and avoid contact with people wherever possible. Adam owns the animal clinic alongside his brothers but he focuses on the Search and Rescue side of the business training S&R dogs and their handlers. He used to be active on S&R calls in the local area but ever since he returned home he suffered with panic attacks and had to take a more inactive role running the command centre. Adam and Holly were a couple when they were teenagers but Adam broke her heart when he left her behind to enlist in the army. When her father goes missing Adam is the last person she wants to ask for help but at the same time he is the only one she trusts to help her find him. Spending time together brings back all the old feelings that they used to have for each other and the chemistry between them is hotter than ever but can Adam get past his fear of relationships or will he break Holly's heart for a second time?

I absolutely loved seeing Adam and Holly spend time together, they are so hot for each other from the very first moment but there is a lot of history between them which makes it hard for Holly to trust him again. They're constantly verbally sparring and bantering with each other and although they've both changed a lot since they were dating they still have that connection that's only really there with someone you've known for a very long time. I loved that Adam doesn't judge Holly for the mistakes she's made and is proud of her for the way she has handled her problems and I loved that Holly sees Adam for the incredibly strong man that he is and refuses to let him walk away from her a second time. They both realise that they have changed in the years that they've been apart but they like what they see in each other now and they fit together even better than they did before.

Rescue My Heart has some truly funny moments, it will melt your heart, make you swoon and have you fanning yourself after the fantastic sex scenes! It was great to catch up with the previous couples and I laughed a lot at Adam's brothers and the way they were constantly trying to get the gossip about him and Holly. I also really enjoyed the glimpses we got to see of the couple from the next book, Rumour Has It. I have a feeling I'm going to love Holly's brother Griffin and her best friend Kate!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely story, 16 April 2014
Read from library. 3rd in series. Did find it a bit slow to start but then became engrossed in it. (Read til 3am today when had to go to sleep ready for work). Finished since getting home. This is a romance involving characters (there is a fair amount of heat, so beware if that offends you) who love animals. I thoroughly enjoyed this book where there is no backbiting amongst characters, just normal misunderstandings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 20 Aug. 2013
Great series, best to read in order to get the most benefit. As always from Jill's books, funny,engaging escapism !! I would recommend any of her books, haven't read one yet I didn't enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 13 Jan. 2013
Probys girl (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
This was an amazing book to finish the series on. The characters had been building through the trilogy and were brought to a fantastic end. Cant wait for Jill's next book! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Silly Me!, 3 Jan. 2014
MrsJ M. Hardman (Warks. UK) - See all my reviews

Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism Novels)
Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism Novels) by Jill Shalvis (Mass Market Paperback - 6 Nov. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01