5.0 out of 5 stars -
I love Maggie Sefton books, you get to know th characters and feel part of the book. Nice clean read.
Published 19 months ago by Patr

3.0 out of 5 stars CLEVER QUIPS, KNITTING TIPS & CHOCOLATE CAKE
Published 24 months ago by Red Rock Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars CLEVER QUIPS, KNITTING TIPS & CHOCOLATE CAKE, 31 Oct 2012
Red Rock Bookworm (St. George Utah USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Unraveled (Knitting Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
Never having read an of Maggie Sefton's previous books in this series I was very nearly overwhelmed by the sheer number of secondary characters making an appearance right from page one of UNRAVELED. The author did try to make the daunting task of keeping everyone straight by including a cast of characters listing in the front of the book. Believe me, I did make good use of this list and in the early stages of reading found myself flipping back and forth as I familiarized myself with the relationships between the characters.

Murder, knitting and romance are the order of the day in Fort Conner, CO and CPA (and part time sleuth) Kelly Flynn is at the center of all the action. There are several surprises in store for the reader as the story, which admittedly starts slowly, progresses to its startling climax. Kelly's romance with her ex, Steve, is on the back burner for several reasons not the least of which is the fact that he has moved to Denver and she is still residing in Fort Conner making their romance GU (geographically undesirable) at best.

Worth mentioning are a few things that elevated this story beyond the "chic lit/cozy" level. First, the exchanges between Kelly and her ex Steve at a volleyball game as they physically and verbally spar and we see that volleyball isn't the only "game" they're playing. Second is the definite talent for descriptive writing displayed by Ms. Sefton that is most obviously on display in her vivid depictions of the rugged beauty of the Colorado landscape as well as pithy lines like "high drooping arcs had a greedy Megan under them like a crocodile waiting with open jaws for a wounded bird to drop inside". Then there is the eclectic group of individuals who comprise the House of Lambspun knitters. My interest in this unique establishment and the knitters who patronize it was sufficiently piqued that I found myself going to my computer to investigate and lo and behold I actually found the LAMBSPUN yarn shop in Fort COLLINS, CO.

It is only on rare occasions that I drag out the knitting needles to whip up a small gift but I am a baker (and a dedicated consumer of chocolate in all its forms) so the recipe for chocolate cake at the end of the book was most appreciated. For those of you who are zealous knitters, the back of the book also contains a pattern for a summer tee. So you see this book is a triple threat. It is amusing, has a pretty good murder mystery with a surprising reveal, and includes recipe for a tasty chocolate cake and a pattern that has the potential to increase your wardrobe.

5.0 out of 5 stars -, 9 Mar 2013
Patr (Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Another knitting mystery, 24 Jan 2013
Although these stories follow a formula and are a little predictable they are very enjoyable and easy reading. Just wish the kniting shop was near me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Jan 2014
Lovely to revisist Lambspun to meet up with all the regulars and of course enjoy a great mystery, one of the best in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unraveled, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Unraveled (Knitting Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
I was not sure when I bough.t this book to read. I am in love with the characters and want to read more about their life in Colorado. I belong to a knitting group snd feel much the same about the wool shop I go to. Heres to more sleuthing with Kelly and all her friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unravelled, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Unraveled (Knitting Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
Maggie Sefton delivers again. Another chance to enter the world of Kelly's knitting circle and watch her solving another murder mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unraveled, 31 Jan 2013
Good condition and as described. Arrived promptly and now I can't wait for the next one! Highly recommend. Seller Excellent.

Unraveled (Knitting Mysteries)
Unraveled (Knitting Mysteries) by Maggie Sefton (Mass Market Paperback - 5 Jun 2012)