4.0 out of 5 stars Great
I really like the Fast Track series and this is one of my favorites. Nolan Ford is a jackman on Evan Monroe's stock car racing team and has had a thing for Eve Monroe (Evan's sister) for years. Eve is the PR person for both of her brothers, Evan and Elec Monroe so she is around the track a lot.

Eve is such a grump that it is almost impossible to like her...
Published 2 months ago by Jo-Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but not great
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by Kelly Wootton

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 May 2014
Jo-Anne (Mississauga, Ontario) - See all my reviews

Eve is such a grump that it is almost impossible to like her. This story lets us see why Eve is always so miserable to everyone and is almost compulsive about planning everything perfectly and doing her job well even though she hates it. She wanted to be a driver, but because she was a girl, her father said she couldn't drive so, instead, she went to college and became the PR rep for her brothers. Nolan is just what Eve needs in a man. He is calm and tries to get Eve to relax a bit too. That is really hard for Eve to do so Nolan has his work cut out for himself.

The one thing that didn't feel right about this story was Nolan's constant interest and love for Eve. Eve was quite the witch most of the time and everyone stayed clear of her but not Nolan. It sure was not typical male behavior to stay calm and nice when Eve blew up.

I loved the ending of this book and would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but not great, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Jacked Up (Fast Track (Berkley)) (Mass Market Paperback)
I really liked this series and from what I hear, if its true, this is the last book in the Fast Track Series, and I am gutted to say it was my least favourite so far, so I really hope there is one more or loads more to come as this is the 1st time I havent liked a Fast Track book. I just couldn't take to Eve, she is sister and p.a to Evan and Elec who are both drivers and had their story's and hea (which I loved) Eve is just moody and cold I couldnt take to her I loved Nolan and his brother Rhett and would love to see his story but this one I couldn't take too now matter how much I wanted too, I couldn't see anyone making Eve truly happy and she just seemed to be in a bad mood all the time, with Noaln constantly trying with her till he too has enough at the end and makes her take a good look at her life, she has nothing really to complain about to me, she complains about growing up the girl with her two brothers driving and doing a job she doesn't like but she had no real gripes for me to make her such a cold fish.
please write one more at least so the series can end on a high note for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars back to her best!, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Jacked Up (Fast Track (Berkley)) (Mass Market Paperback)
After a slump in form with 'The Chase', this book was brilliant. I couldn't put it down. Eve is not a character that readers have warmed to over this series, but this book showed the story behind her snappy persona, and I found myself rooting for her HEA. When can we have this series available on Kindle too???

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 July 2012
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jacked Up (Fast Track (Berkley)) (Mass Market Paperback)
Considering this is the last book in the series, it's a bit of a let down. The 'romance' is not there. There is just crude talk like 'we're going to have sex'. Their relationship is rushed as is the story. It could have done with quite a few more chapters. Eve is not a happy woman, she's always moaning. We don't really find out why she never took up racing. Nolan is sweet but I wasn't that impressed with him. He seemed a bit immature and certainly wasn't good with money which I found a bit unrealistic. Even the sex scenes were a bit disappointing. There is very little romance or emotion in this story and the whole thing was rushed. It felt more like a Novella than a full story. Very disappointing, but because I'm a fan of Erin McCarthy, I will give it 3 stars and hope she can get back to her best.

Jacked Up (Fast Track (Berkley))
Jacked Up (Fast Track (Berkley)) by Erin McCarthy (Mass Market Paperback - 5 Jun 2012)
4.76