5.0 out of 5 stars Great read
Great read, easy reading, really enjoy this type of book. Detective stories that you can follow on with the next book in the series. Highly recommended.
Published on 9 July 2012 by angellady

3.0 out of 5 stars Americanisms
I've read two of the Mrs Jeffries books and quite enjoyed them, but I cringe at the lack of authentic English speech and habits. We don't say 'gotten' (we say got), we don't take cream in our tea (we take milk), we say napkins (not serviettes), etc, etc. There are so many of them that it might put some English readers off. I won't be reading any more.
Published on 6 Aug 2012 by tiggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Mrs. Jeffries Defends Her Own (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Americanisms, 6 Aug 2012

Mrs. Jeffries Defends Her Own (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries)
Mrs. Jeffries Defends Her Own (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries) by Emily Brightwell (Mass Market Paperback - 1 May 2012)