4.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a new series, 10 July 2012
I'm not one for starting reading existing series that already have a tonne of books available, the lazy part of me knows I'll never catch up so although I was aware Joey W. Hill had another really popular series about Vampires I thought this new Arcane Shot series would be the perfect opportunity for me to read some of her books. I like a bit of paranormal smut so I figured this series was prefect.

Something About Witches ticked all the boxes for me, it has a heroine Ruby who is a witch, the hero Derek is not only a powerful sorcerer, he's also an outright alpha male, he's strong and protective and they both have a history together. Something About Witches was just more than a bit of paranormal smut it actually tugged at my heartstrings in a way I never really expected. It's hard to explain without being very spoilerish but basically Ruby and Derek were in a relationship but whilst Derek was away dealing with the Fae something awful and heart breaking happened to Ruby, she then pushed him away using soul magic to shut herself off to him which meant that even a sorcerer of Derek's power couldn't find her for over three years.

Derek finally manages to track her down and needs her help to teach a coven of witches protect the border. It also gives him the perfect in road back into Ruby's life and finally find out why she felt she had to push him away.

I really enjoyed Something About Witches. Derek is powerful, protective and absolutely crush worthy. Ruby is no push over but her terrible experience has left her vulnerable. I absolutely understood why she did what she did, but at the same time recognised that her closed up feelings couldn't continue forever. I was desperate to see her be open and honest with Derek in the hope that it ultimately would help them both. Heart breaking stuff indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars something about witches, 23 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Something About Witches (Berkley Sensation) (Mass Market Paperback)
Yes! another intense and great read from the goddess Joey W Hill.
Derek(I ask yer?) sorcerer must save a witches soul and Ruby is her name. She's giving herself to the dark side and all in the name of love. Very emotional. Plenty of magic and some good sex.

Something About Witches (Berkley Sensation)
Something About Witches (Berkley Sensation) by Joey W. Hill (Mass Market Paperback - 19 April 2012)