Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 28 August 2012
I was always a big Lora Leigh fan and her books were the first erotic fiction I read so I have always felt a lot of loyalty to her books for that reason, but her last few books in this series and her other releases just haven't been that good loads of mistakes and the story lines seem simalar to her other books, but I am really happy to say this was a big improvement on the last couple of books that have been released not many mistakes with the editing and the story, what for me is more important was great, I enjoyed this book no flicking through or getting bored or going back to re read something as a description or part of the story is different than what has been in the last chapter this was full of action loved the characters can't wait for Gideon and Dog's books this book renewed my love for Lora Leigh.

Stygian's Honor is set just after the last Breeds book Lawe's Justice and the mini-novella that was in Tied With A Bow, with Isabelle and Malachi, I can't give too much of a description of the book or it will give away loads of the book but i will do my best but beware may be a few spoliers here the story starts in Window Rock, Arizona,this is the last known location of Honor Roberts, who vanished when she was 13. That she lived, after all her and her three friends suffered in the labs is both a miracle and a mystery but Jonas needs to save his daughter Amber from the injection she was given in a few books back that part of the story from the previous books continues here with Jonas desparate to find three of the group before Gideon does (the 4th member). Stygian's mission is to find Honor Roberts, and the rest of the group and save Ambers life. With Liza Johnson, assistant to the chief of the Navajo nation, he not only finds someone who can help but he finds his mate. But all is not what it seems with Liza, and the discovery of Honor Roberts could mean destroying the mating between Stygian and Liza
This book see's the Navajo nation becoming more involved with the Breeds which I think is going to put this series on another path while finding the rest of the group and Ambers cure its looking like Dog,Loki and a few other Coyotes may well end up getting a mate and story of their own, which I think may be the shake up the series needed to get it back on track I loved Gideon when he first appeared a few books back not much of him in this one just the odd mention but I want his and his mates story please Lora Leigh.

Worth a read,it was better than the last few books and see's the Breed series looking intresting again fingers crossed the next book keeps it on track
but please publishers why no kindle option, for this one get your heads in the game and release the paperback and kindle version at the same time I wouldnt of waited as long to buy if kindle version had been available
This is a fairly long tale at 374 pages, and it seems to take place not long after Lawe's Justice and the mini-novella that was in the Tied With A Bow antho. It is one of the better books in this series (which for me, is getting a bit tired and slow, and with too many minor characters getting their own tales), as there is a bit of a tale, and my only real peeve with it is that the leads didn't get together until page 187, which is at exactly 50% of the tale gone. There are reasons for that, that I can't go into in too much detail or it would spoil the tale, but let's just say that Stygian is more 'humanised', more considerate and less of an aggressive male than the majority of the Breeds males that we've seen, and he's also not a yes-man to Jonas Wyatt, which I found a refreshing change. Liza herself was pretty independent, and I liked that there wasn't so much of the 'you're my Mate. No, I'm not your Mate' thing that there's been in so many previous tales, just creating unnecessary page-time. I would have liked more them-time, and a more passionate romance and mating between them, which was missing. Yes, they did actually, IMO, start to fall in love, rather than into mating heat/lust, which was a change for the better, but the tale didn't feel as if the mating/romance was the focus of the tale.

The blurb provided above by amazon isn't accurate (incorrect synopsis, different name to the female lead; this appears on other sites also, so it could be from before LL fully fleshed-out the book), and for a moment, I did wonder if I'd gotten a different version in my US-import copy, but the true blurb from the back of the book is as below, and is correct to the tale within:

****************Window Rock, Arizona, is the last known location of Honor Roberts, who vanished when she was just 13. It was her only sanctuary from the Breed research that would surely have ended in her death - one such insidious experiment should indeed, have killed her. That she lived, is both a miracle - and a great mystery.

Stygian's mission is to find Honor Roberts, no matter the cost. Now, with the help of Liza Johnson, assistant to the chief of the Navajo nation, he is closer than ever to his goal. But will the discovery of Honor Roberts mean the destruction of the mating heat that has developed between Stygian and Liza?*******************.

So, the Navajo nation is becoming more entrenched with the Breeds, which is an indication that the series may have scope in yet another direction at some point. On top, I kind of think that the (now not-so) irritating Loki may well end up getting a tale of his own, as there's mention of him, what his demeanour hides, and of his reaction to a minor female character in this tale. There's also a vague similarity in this tale to LL's SEALS series, as not all the parents in this are as good parents as they should be - sorry, again I can't elaborate or it would spoil the tale, and that not all 'baddies' are really as bad as you might think.

Overall, I only found one typo in this, there were no skips in the storyline, but yes, again, there was a bit of filler in it, and this could have been a more fast-paced, compact read, especially as baby Amber seems to be deteriorating quickly and there's no sign of anything vaguely indicative of a means to a cure for her. I did like the glimpses of the more 'human' Jonas Wyatt that we get to see here (excluding some silly baby-talk that was a bit OTT), but again, that kind of belied the urgency of the tale. Irritatingly, LL describes Stygian's skin-tone as non-Causian, pointing out specifically that he is 'not-Black', which I hope does not offend readers; she could have done better at this, IMHO, given that the Breeds are from pretty much every feline variation and race and that him being Black - or not - wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

Worth a read, but not a Keeper, and I think now the Breeds series has to become books that I get from the library, not auto-buys; thank goodness for the re-sale value.
on 19 August 2013
I really enjoyed this book, it was romantic without being sickly and the characters are just lovely. I read all 27 books in the Breeds series one after the other and I'm totally addicted to them all, some I've read twice. Thoroughly recommend this book.
on 1 January 2014
Have always loved the breed books but didn't buy the last couple as I ignored the reviews and started to read one that had bad reviews and it was terrible, but, the reviews were so good on this one decided to try again, I'm so pleased I did, it was exciting, emotional and hot , everything I've come to know lora Leigh is renowned for, if you had also lost a little faith read this and it will be restored. I look forward to the next in the series.
on 13 October 2012
I enjoyed reading this type of book and look for ward to reading more of Lora Leigh's books as she keep you hooked to the stories, also the company that send them to me are good and there dates are on time, i like to say thankyou to the pepole that write these books
on 30 September 2012
I was very wary about ordering this book after being disappointed with others I have read from Lora Leigh, I am very pleased to say I did enjoy this book and will continue to order any new books from this series.
My favourite is still Lions Heat.
on 3 July 2013
I chose the rating as it fits the book and soooo can not wait to get the rest in the breed series, I couldn't put the book down till I had read it from start to finish and will get my friends to read it aswell
on 28 August 2015
Brilliant.Highly sexual .lovely story line as all the previous books in the series .can't wait to read more.Ms. Leigh is a wonderful author.
on 3 December 2013
Love reading lora leigh book the plot line are good keep you reading, all the characters are interesting cant wait for the nxt instalment.
on 29 March 2014
In love all the breed books you get to.Love.all of them and feel.like your part of their lives and Love them..

Jane