Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on 1 February 2011
Attorney Sinead O'Brien is a workaholic who seems to live for her job. But when she meets her new client Adam Perry things start to change. At first they don't like each other but Sinead soon relaizes that Adam is not the stupid hockey player she thought him to be.
The more Sinead learns about Adam the more she is fascinated by him and he is just as interested in her. When not only like and lust but also deep feelings start to develop between them they have to decide how to go on.
Will they be able to handle the pressures of their jobs (especially Sinead's) and give their feelings a chance?

If it's possible to be in love with a book then I'm definitely in love with "Icebreaker". The book contains everything I like in a contemporary sports romance and is IMO just perfect. This book made me laugh, smile and swoon. When I finished it I was completly satisfied and already excited for the next books by Deirdre Martin. I will try to not get too gushy in the following lines but I can't promise anything :)
"Icebreaker" is part of the New York Blades and the Wild Heart Saga series. I think you can read and enjoy "Icebreaker" without knowing the other books in both series but it's great to have some background info about characters like Anthony. And of course IMO the other books by Deirdre Martin are definitely worth reading.

Right from the first pages on I enjoyed reading about Sinead and Adam. Both are very complex and cautious persons who prefer quiet places and are not interested in constant partying. Their relationship had a lot of time to change from business acquaintances to friends to lovers.
There are two critical points in their relationship and I loved that both times Adam had a good friend (Anthony from "Just a taste") to talk to and who helped him to see things from Sinead's point of view. Anthony was definitely one of my favourite secondary characters in the book. I loved that he said exactly what he thought and the scenes between him and Adam were very funny.
The issues Sinead had in her job felt real to me and I enjoyed how she and Adam delt with them in the end. Besides the characters and the love story a highlight of the book was the epilogue. It was so awesome to see how Sinead and Adam managed to compromise in a way that made life as perfect as possible for both of them.
I always enjoy Deirdre Martin's writing style because it's engaging and makes me want to read on and on. While reading "Icebreaker" I tried to read more slowly than usual because I loved reading the book and wanted to prolong finishing it.

Love it. It's sexy and fits perfectly to the story.

final appraisal
"Icebreaker" is one of my favourite sports romances ever. I loved the story and the main characters. They were fantastic because there were so complex, likable and their relationship was amazing. I have enjoyed all books by Deirdre Martin so far but this one outdoes everything I read by her. Her characters are always special, in this book you meet two slightly neurotic and tense people who learn to let go a bit through their relationship. The whole book and especially the epilogue of "Icebreaker" couldn't be more entertaining and perfect. This book made me laugh, swoon and just enjoy myself.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse