5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted
This was the last in a trilogy of books about the Friday Night Knitting Club, so had to be a must and was definitely worth it. Came in good condition.
Published 9 months ago by addicted spinner

3.0 out of 5 stars STICK TO YOUR KNITTING FOR A WARM FUZZY FEELING
KNIT THE SEASON is my first Kate Jacobs book. I realize that I began this "series" on book three, and I understand that these are continuing characters. I also realize that I did not get much enjoyment from the story and found most of the characters dull and lackluster and the story less than engrossing.

A great deal of the story involves reminiscences about...
Published on 19 Dec 2012 by Red Rock Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars STICK TO YOUR KNITTING FOR A WARM FUZZY FEELING, 19 Dec 2012
Red Rock Bookworm (St. George Utah USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Knit the Season (Friday Night Knitting Club Novels) (Paperback)

A great deal of the story involves reminiscences about Georgia, the joint owner of a knitting shop. For someone who has been dead for six years there is a lot of print devoted to her...which would be fine if there were any pertinent details that added to the storyline. I assume that the authors goal was to let us know how Georgia affected the lives of those around her but I found myself wanting to shout, "I don't care....just get on with the story" and I'm relatively certain that anyone who read the first two books would find this one repetitious and tedious.

As for the characters, let me address just two. There is Dakota, Georgia's somewhat immature, petulant 20 year old daughter whose dialog reads like she's a spoiled, immature 15 year old. Do 20 year olds really sound like that today?? Oh and how about Anita, the octogenarian whose nuptials with the ever patient Marty have been postponed several times due to the manipulation of her deceitful 50-something year old son. At 80 you would think the woman would be smarter than that.

The other members of the Friday Night Knitting Club, Peri, KC, Catherine and Luci, as well as Luci's seven year old daughter, Ginger, are equally uninspiring.

If your interest lies in knitting I would strongly advise you to spend your time continuing with the holiday gifts you have waiting on your needles. A nicely knit scarf will leave you with more "warm fuzzy" feelings than this book could ever produce. 2 1/2 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 11 July 2011
Having read the other books in this series I was looking forward to reading more. I was a little dissappointed with this book, it feels like it may be a bridging book between storylines. It won't be a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted, 12 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars knit the season, 3 Oct 2013
good read a good light read that is ideal for holidays or christmas season reading fests good writer would reccomend

4.0 out of 5 stars Knit the season ( Friday night knitting club novels), 6 Mar 2013
H. Harrison "night owl" (York England) - See all my reviews
Having read the two previous books in this series one after another and thoroughly enjoyed them I couldn't wait to find out what happened to the characters. I was not disappointed apart from the fact it seemed to me to end abruptly so from that point of view I was a little disappointed. Perhaps there may be a fourth book in the pipeline. I do hope so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Oct 2014
Disappointing after the other two books were so good. It ties up all the loose ends but nothing new

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 19 Mar 2012
Great book. Another essential for every knitting fan! If you liked the original one in the series, you will like this one too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 18 Feb 2012
I am glad Kate Jacobs decided to write another story featuring Dakota and all the other members of The Friday Night Knitting Club.Having discovered The Friday Night Knitting Club in the bargain bin at my local supermarket it was a pleasure to continue following the lives of her characters in Knit Two and again in Knit a Season. Am glad that Nat's scheming ways were finally scuppered, allowing his mother Catherine to finally get married!

Knit the Season (Friday Night Knitting Club Novels)
Knit the Season (Friday Night Knitting Club Novels) by Kate Jacobs (Paperback - 2 Nov 2010)