Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Seriously, how many ways can a quick spot of pampering go wrong? While getting her floors refurbished, Assistant US Attorney Cameron Lynde books into a five-star hotel for a severely expensive massage, a good night's sleep and a luxury breakfast in the morning. Except things don't go quite to plan. But if she thought her naughty noisy neighbours were bad, the dead body was worse. And to top it all off, the investigation's going to be led by the man who thinks she tried to ruin his career.

A week back in Chicago and FBI Agent Jack Pallas is face-to-face with the reason he's just spent three years in nowhere. Except this murder is not the welcome-back prank he suspected, and with Cameron the only witness to this potentially high-profile crime, he'll have to get over his bad feelings fast, before the murderer comes to call.

It's just that without all that dislike getting in the way, neither can help noticing that the other is looking mighty fine...

Julie James is a master at high-tension chemistry and humour, and when this pair aren't striking sparks off each other, things are laugh out loud fun. With another couple who can't stand the sight of each other (on the surface, at least), James is on familiar ground, especially with a sassy, intelligent and independent woman facing down her man. Cameron is more than a match for the brooding, dangerous Jack, especially since she has a better sense of humour.

Amidst all the tension - and building danger of the plot - there's an excellent supporting cast, not least best-friend Collin, Jack's work partner Wilkins, and Officers Phelps and Kanin, to help keep the humour flowing. Cute, hot and exciting, this tale romps along with daring and danger right alongside a surprisingly sweet romance. Is it really a year until her next book?
on 19 May 2010
WOW! What an unexpected and fabulous surprise. I have no idea why I purchased this book from this author but I am really glad that I did. Sitting on the Victoria line on the way to work I can only tell you that this book made my journey so pleasant - I did not want to get off the train.

Assistant US Attorney Cameron Lynde is a sharp, intelligent and 'take no prisoners' type of woman - who chooses to wait for her DIY work to dry in a luxury hotel. Cameron found out how wrong a bit of pampering can go. She ends up being the key witness in a murder investigation being led by her 'sworn enemy' FBI Jack Phallas who humiliated her three years ago on national TV - 'oops'. I wont spoil the story but it gets better...

This book is a real page-turner, with snappy dialogue between the main and secondary characters. Her best friends, his partner and dodgy suspects. I would highly recommend this book because the author wrote with real skill which was often very funny - I was really smiling when I finished the book - an excellent read.
on 18 March 2016
I enjoyed this book as it was a light and easy read. I felt there could have been more 'meat' to the thriller side of the book however it's a romance story so that's understandable. I will probably read the other book in the series as I liked the characters. In summary, I liked the book but didn't love it.
on 15 May 2011
Something About You - this book is a about Cameron and Jack; Cameron is the only witness to a murder when she treats herself to a night in a posh hotel while her floors get sanded. The investigating agent is sexy Jack. When they had last met Cameron had to let Jack down professionally and Jack nearly lost his career when he hit back un-professionally. Their budding attraction hit the skids and when they meet up again, because of the murder, the sparks fly.

I liked the characters and there are some funny lines. As plots go there was more substance than in many books of this ilk. I'd read other books by this author.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2012
All Assistant U.S. Attorney, Cameron Lynde, wanted when she checked into a luxury hotel was some pampering and a good night's sleep. Instead she was kept awake by the amorous couple in next room which ended in murder. Now she's under FBI protection and, of course, the man assigned to the case is Special Agent Jack Pallas - the same man who blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago that nearly ended his career.

So now the pair have to work together to solve the crime and keep key witness Cameron safe. It's no surprise that being in such close proximity will make the sparks fly but it's a surprise to both when it's the sparks of lust and not animosity that start to burn.

This is another great contemporary romance that I couldn't put down from start to finish. I loved the sassy, intelligent characters and the great chemistry between the pair. Cameron was a strong woman but far from a stereotype and someone I admired, rooted for and wanted to be! Jack was the perfect foil for Cameron as well as being a first class hero. Glowering, broody and a man's man - he is the kind of guy any woman would wish for.

The story was interesting, exciting and didn't rely on the obvious conflicts or dramas to move the story on. While involving a little bit of suspense over the killer, the book wasn't in the least bit scary and I'm a complete wuss when it comes to things like this! This is definitely the kind of story that you just have to keep reading and that you really invest in both the characters and the book as a whole.

Julie James is truly becoming one of my favourite contemporary authors. Her characters are smart and witty with great chemistry and banter and the story has the right balance of romance and action/suspense. Furthermore she always leaves me wanting more and with that happy glow when I'm finished a book. Now a definite auto buy for me and something I'd recommend for everyone especially fans of Susan Andersen. 5 stars.
on 25 January 2014
This is essentially a story about a FIB agent protecting his witness and how they get together. it has a good story, pleasant characters and is readable.
VINE VOICEon 9 July 2010
This an enjoyable book and one I will read again and again. It's a book that is an easy, light read that can be picked up when you just want to relax and not have to think about too much. I've since bought another of Julie James book (Practise makes perfect) which I also enjoyed.
on 9 April 2010
I absolutely love this book. I always say romance books are my antidepressant and Julie James is a star!!
Witty dialogues, amazing characters at the same time a lot of depth. What more can you ask for from a book? I am definitely going to fill my bookshelf with Julie James. Pick it up today and you won't be disappointed! It's that good.
on 30 April 2013
gave it 5 starts,
cos the way it was wrightten very good followed the story easy.
very good and strong character's fell in love with them.
on 15 July 2010
very good book, only took me two days to read, could have been longer but just my sort of thing.