5.0 out of 5 stars the wonderful C J BOX
My husband bought me a kindle for Christmas and I purchased a few of the "Twelve Days Of Christmas " books for my new kindle .
Published on 15 Feb 2011 by Mystery Buff

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
This is very hard to get in to and not the best book I have read get better towards the end.
Published 2 months ago by ann page

5.0 out of 5 stars the wonderful C J BOX, 15 Feb 2011
This review is from: Blood Trail (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
I do doubt that I would have read C J Box otherwise . I was amazed . His descriptive abilities are fantastic. His hero Joe Pickett is a man we all know .Quiet unremarkable ,but possessed of the ability to see people as they really are .He sees the best in all he meets and suffers when let down .I can really imagine the wilderness as he portrays it, I can feel his sadness and his joy . I have now read 8 ( not all available on kindle worst luck) of of the books in the series and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who loves a good mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Joe Pickett story, 8 Dec 2013
C.J. Box has rightly established himself as one of the premier crime writers in the world today. This book exhibits all his talent in another story about Game Warden Joe Pickett solving crime in the wilderness environment that the author so clearly loves. His settings are vivid and the characters (even minor ones) are real and alive. As usual, the plot has the unforeseen twists and turns that keep you wondering and wanting to read more. I had to ration my reading (as usual with these books) in order to make it last longer. If I have one complaint is that the story seemed too short. But, I have felt the same about other C.J. Box novels and I think it is because he does not waste time with insignificant matters but, like the main character, keeps charging ahead to a final resolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 7 Oct 2013
this is a first rate book
would recommend it to anyone
can't wait to read the next one which is Below Zero

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read and I am hooked on C J Box and Joe Pickett, 8 Jan 2014
Bought one of C J Box's novels as it was on special offer and I loved it. This is the second and although I am going back and forward in the series, it doesn't matter as each story is self contained and the characters are developed in each book. Who would have thought that a US Game Warden could have such an exciting life?!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, 18 Sep 2013
One of CJBox's best;full of suspense,very well written and a real thriller.I have enjoyed many of the stories involving Joe Picket and his character is being gradually developed with skilful writing.A thrilling and surprising climax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Pickett, 1 Aug 2013
I really am enjoying all the Joe Pickett Books, the settings are so well described and Joe Pickett is a very believable and likeable protagonist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Trail, 10 July 2013
Another good book by CJ Box following the exploits of Joe Pickett. Great book with interesting plots and interesting results.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 6 July 2013
another great story from a favorite author who continues to come up with new twists that you where not expecting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 24 May 2013
N. Matthews (UK) - See all my reviews
Good, easy to read yarn. The intelligence/common sense of the hero is questionable though! No doubt I'll be reading more of Joe Pickett

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, as usual, 19 May 2013
I love the 'Joe Pickett' series. Joe and his family are so believable. There are always shocks in the books as well - no character is safe. My one criticism of the author is, that, in letting the characters age, we will run out of stories and I really don't want them to end!

ARRAY(0x9de93408)

Blood Trail (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries)
Blood Trail (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries) by C.J. Box (Mass Market Paperback - 23 July 2009)
4.78