5.0 out of 5 stars Notting Hill (Maidstone!) meets The Devil Wears Prada - this would make a great film!, 16 Jun 2008
P. Sellers (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
Wonderfully evocative and well written; the story grabs you along to the end.I look forward to reading her next novel as Kathleen Baird-Murray has an empathatic style of writing and amazing use of words. This is definitely one that Richard & Judy should review!

4.0 out of 5 stars FUNTASTIC!, 2 Feb 2009
Andra Milsome "ASM" (LONDON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
Great plane or holiday reading.....Sex In The City meets Nip Tuck meets Devil Wears Prada....great insights....Is beauty only skin deep? Read it & have fun making up your own mind.....well written, funny & definitely on the inside track of the industry. Can't wait to read her next tale!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved loved loved loved loved it...., 2 Feb 2009
M. Kilgore "MK" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
Just what every girl needs... a proper book length tabloid tale filled with love, plastic surgery, self-doubt, and all that other - what my husband calls- 'woman stuff'. Strangely, it made me feel 10 years younger. (Now excuse me while I run out and buy some antiwrinkle cream.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic holiday read, 2 Feb 2009
E. EDWARDS (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
I was recommend this book by a friend before I went on holiday. It was perfect! I work in the fashion and beauty industry and enjoyed reading this fun tale, but with quite a serious point to make. Highly recommended reading for anyone looking for a fun, entertaining and well written novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 1 Feb 2009
Jennifer Hamm - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
Kathleen Baird-Murray has managed to show us the world of make up without any old lines! She is fast and furious in her wonderful descriptions and uses a protagonist who is suitably self depricating mixed with the right amount of humour and spice to make her a great character.

Can't wait for the sequel...

5.0 out of 5 stars a real page turner, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
I could not put this book down, felt the heroine was so well written that I could empathise with her perfectly - I felt very sad when I had finished the novel as I had got to know her so well. Kathleen Baird Murray has a wonderful style of writing which is very sharp and immediately engaging. The world of cosmetic surgery had obviously been researched with depth which gave the story a real weight. Look forward to her next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars the beauty question?, 17 Dec 2008
A. Letondot (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
Bravo! Moral questions about cosmetic surgery are raised, the characters try to reveal an answer but then realize it is maybe best not to judge. A wonderful witty read, with amazing insight into the world of beauty and at the same time tapping into ones own feelings about beauty. I finished the book about a month ago and the characters still live with me and I further contemplate the philosophy of cosmetic surgery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Face Value, 11 July 2008
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
Beauty and Intrigue what could be better.
I loved it and turned the last page hoping there would be more!!
Well written fast moving a joy to read.Hope the next one is out soon.
I enjoyed getting to know the lead character and could associate with her feeling of being guilable. The sub plot about friendships was very clever.
All the characters were well developed and you really felt involved with the story.
The beauty side was obviously written by some-one in the know!
Well done Kathleen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Botox, boob jobs and face-lifts - fantastic!, 26 Jun 2008
Mr. A. Hodge "Andrew Hodge" (Brighton, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Value (Paperback)
What more could you ask for than a book which leaves you wanting more!Great story line and the characters were belivable and likeable. The story has its twists and turns and laugh out loud moments which just keeps up the pace all the way through. It is a great novel and deserves to be at the top of the best seller list. Hope there is going to be a sequel! All hail Kathleen Baird-Murray, the new Marian Keyes, better than Bridget Jones, move over Helen Fielding!

Face Value
Face Value by Kathleen Baird-Murray (Paperback - 3 Jun 2008)
10.92