5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!
I object to the previous review on the ground that if you looked on Christine Feehan's website or even just the cover of the book you would know this is in Manga format, as a comic. This book is exactly what it says it is and it is brilliant! I can't wait for more of the series to be done this way.
Published on 4 Oct 2007 by Mad for Paranormal Romance

1.0 out of 5 stars Feehan fan disappointed
Published on 20 Feb 2008 by Bed time is book time

1.0 out of 5 stars Feehan fan disappointed, 20 Feb 2008
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
I am a genuine fan of Ms Feehan. When I buy her books I generally keep them, even the one's that disappoint. I knew this book was a manga novel when I bought it (I like comic's so I didn't feel it was a problem) If anyone out there remembers Conan the Barbarian comics of the eighties, then that is what I imagined the book to be like before I bought it. It is nothing like that, there is no soul in the book or the drawings. The basic story line, if fleshed out, could have been a classic Feehan - but the drawings were.... flat, some were crammed together and difficult to follow, I found myself looking at them in the wrong order. The words were few and far between - what you read on the back sleeve covered a third of the book - it is not a thick book. It took me no more than an hour to 'read' and I found a lot of the drawings very basic, not very well done at all. Sorry if this review disappoints but I sold the book on the next day - which tells it's own story!

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 29 Dec 2007
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
I waited ages for this book as it was pre-ordered, I couldn't believe it when I opened the first page. ITS A COMIC. I am very disapointed in the lack of description of this item as I would not have bought it it its present format. be warned!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disppointing, 18 Nov 2007
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
The book is not worth the price. I am a great fan of Ms Feehan's work, but the comic was disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but a snack..., 11 Oct 2007
A. T. Hansen "ath" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
I love Christine Feehan's Dark Series books, but this manga edition is ridiculous. Not that the drawings are not in the manga style (as I understand manga, anyway), or that the story is different, but there is absolutely 'no meat'on it, and the 'famous' Christine Feehan humor and sexyness falls completely flat on its face. But I guess the readers imaginative fantasy will always win over some artist's drawings...
I would strongly recommend buying the written edition of the story instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like Comics, 8 Nov 2008
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
Sorry but love all her other books but absolutly HATED this one basically because of the comic format, couldn't even get beyond first page. Why couldn't she have just stuck to writing a good story as normal!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Ms Feehan...dont like this one, 4 Nov 2010
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
I didnt realise it was a Magna Novel.....I guess I wont order in so much of a hurry in future and read the reviews. I have most of the Carpathians and I like to read a Novel.....I don't like this 'comic book' lay out at all. I like to 'see' the characters in my head as I read the story but couldnt with this one. Dissappointed but will add to the others on my shelf and check the reviews in future.

2.0 out of 5 stars not at all what i expected, 18 Aug 2010
J. Wymer (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
Having searched for ages to find all the set of books, I came across this one. It seemed to be part of the set so I ordered it. When it arrived I was very disappointed. It's not a story as I expected but a cartoon book. Not my cup of tea and a complete waist of money. Don't buy it it's not worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dark Hunger, 12 Nov 2007
A. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
I pre-ordered this book in great, great anticipation: well, I say a "book".... actually it is a "comic" (~~ I am not sure of the correct way of expressing this type of fiction.) As it goes, it is not so, SOOOO bad ~~ BUT I certainly wish I had checked on Christine Feehan's site before I ordered it as I had not imagined it would be in this format and I was extremely disappointed... this is clearly an individual feeling but I do feel that Amazon should have made it clear that it was in this format - I may not otherwise have ordered it.

However, I do love C.Feehan's imaginative writing and therefore, had I been expecting this, rather than a work of fiction fully written in novel form, I do think I would have been happy.

It all depends on whether you prefer a book written in the expected, worded format or whether you are open to a new way of experiencing the Carparthians (which I am now re-thinking as not SUCH a bad experience ~~ the story was good, as always!)

However, I am looking forward to the written word only for the next in the Carparthian (Dark) series as, at least in my opinion, it takes the reader much deeper into the mindset of the characters of the book.

I write this as a completely devoted fan of ALL the "Dark" series, all of which I highly recommend, aside from the title I now review.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 10 Aug 2013
The writing is so small I couldn't read it . I like the Carpathian series, but don't waste your money on this

2.0 out of 5 stars Comic book, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: DARK HUNGER (Paperback)
Was sorely dissapointed. With this book did not realise it was a comic book. Christine Feehan is my all time favourite author, needless to say this came as somewhat of a shock.

DARK HUNGER
DARK HUNGER by Christine Feehan (Paperback - 22 Nov 2007)
8.42