4.0 out of 5 stars A Weak Entry in a Great Series
When foot and mouth disease makes its way to Wales, Constable Evan Evans finds himself caught between his job and his friends in the village. When his boss offers him time off, he and his fiancee Bronwen decide to go visit each other's family.
Published on 28 Aug 2004 by Mark Baker

It is very boring . I was waiting for something like Hamish but it is very depressing. I read the 'Evans' s gate which was a thrilling one and it was fair but this one I can' read it even I get trying and trying. I have read all the serie of Lady Georgina Rannoch and really loved it. Althought the autor is the same the style is very diferent .
Published 9 days ago by jasmin d'été

4.0 out of 5 stars A Weak Entry in a Great Series, 28 Aug 2004
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
They've hardly arrived at Mrs. Evans in Swansea before they get the news. The young man who killed Evan's father years ago has just been arrested for another murder. Called into the hearing to keep him in jail without bail, Evan makes a startling discovery - he thinks the kid is innocent this time. Now he must sneak around behind the backs of the police and his mother to find the real killer. But will he alienate all those he loves as a result?
Normally, I love this series. It's a light, fun excursion to a part of the world I would love to visit. This book was a disappointment, however. The tone of the book is significantly darker then the others in the series, not providing the escape I was looking for. The biggest problem is the plot. It starts rather slowly and doesn't really get rolling until about a third of the way into the book. Then, I had everything but the motive figured out about 80 pages before the end. On the bright side, we get to see significantly more of Bronwen then normal, and her interaction with Evan is some of the best in the series. She definitely needs more page time in future books.
This book has some great moments and fans of the series will certainly enjoy it. But if you're new to this great series, don't start here and don't judge the entire series by this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is very boring. I was waiting for something like Hamish but ..., 3 July 2014

Evan Only Knows (Constable Evans Mysteries)
Evan Only Knows (Constable Evans Mysteries) by Rhys Bowen (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jan 2004)
Used & New from: £3.95