on 11 September 2011
This is a very pleasant book indeed and a nice change from the violence and lack of principles which are prevalent in a lot of modern literature.
The characters are believable, not devils nor angels,and it is very refreshing to encounter people[although fictitious] who are not ashamed of their religious faith. Things do happen but they are believable things and while one might feel like giving Lillian,the mother, a good piece of one's mind, it is the interaction between the two daughters, Emily and Jessica, which makes the story so interesting.

I read the first book straight through and started on the second one immediately, I have already ordered the third one.Most enjoyable.
on 30 December 2013
This is the first book in a great series! You really get involved with the characters and story lines. I'm so glad I bought it and have bought others in the series.