5.0 out of 5 stars '''What an amazing book"
Published on 11 May 2003 by Angie Hopkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointing
Having read all the other glowing reviews for this book, and currently studying the Shamanic Pathway myself, I ordered this book with great hope. Unfortunately it just does not "speak" to me in the same way that it has to other reviewers. The reason for this is that it contains so many references to the Bible and to Christianity, which is not my spiritual pathway. I...
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Caroline L

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars '''What an amazing book", 11 May 2003
This review is from: The Wind is My Mother: The Life and Teachings of a Native American Shaman (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to everyone whether they are interested in Native American wisdom or not. It's a book about life. It's humility, humour and commonsense is amazing. It's not a 'teaching' book, its a book about learning, it doesn't preach, its gives you choice. Since I read it I have spent more time thinking about what Bear Heart says in it, than any other book I have read before. Its full of impact but it's subtle, which may sound like a contradiction, but you need to read it to understand what I mean. It's a very easy book to read, it doesn't use complicated language, it doesn't need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandfather Bear Heart is an amazing man, 16 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
"The Wind Is My Mother", is a truly amazing book, by an even more amazing man. Grandfather Bear Heart tells us his story, from a child, up to the present time. It tells of his quest for knowledge about the ways of the Shaman, and his teachers along the way. Any time that I'm feeling depressed, I reread this book. It is a very uplifting work, and demonstrates that while the man is one of great Shamanic skills, he also is very humble, and humorous. Grandfather Bear Heart is a man of immense passion for Mother Earth and all her children. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in Native American Spirituality, or just in becoming a better person. After reading it, try to attend one of the Bear Tribe's Medicine Wheel Gatherings, where he frequently gives seminars. It, and he, will truly change your life, as it did mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most gentle and noble books I have ever read, 4 July 2001
P. Hodgson "p_hodgson1" (Malvern UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wind is My Mother (Hardcover)
Bear Heart has shown in simple words what honesty, courage, spirituality and beauty can really mean and how it can work to develop the reader and stir the soul. He says 'find your own path', at the same time I would suggest that him writing about his, will give a searcher a helping hand. The humour in the book is wonderful and the insight into the many levels that we can exist on can lead to a greater awareness of the universe we dwell in. I am left with respect for the immense humility he has displayed writing in this style. To be clear though, this book is not about being flowery or fanciful, Bear Heart's story is about a tough journey as well as a wonder-full one and all who go down the spirit road will know what I mean by that. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring insight into native american philosophy, 12 Aug. 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Wind is My Mother (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful and inspiring book, full of stories both humorous and heartwarming. It teaches how native american philosophy can be applied to everyday modern day life without one having to become a shaman or native american ceremonial practicitioner. One of the most fascinating books I've ever read. More interesting, and more applicable to the readers's life, than Carlos Castenedas' books. It's not just for those interested in Native American philosophy -- it is for any reader interested in spirituality and being inspirated. Excellent and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a beautiful book!, 4 Feb. 2003
What more can I say?This is just a BEAUTIFUL Book!
Bear Heart describes his training and life as a Native American medicine man, in the most wonderful easy to read, elegant prose.
It leaves you knowing that there is more to life (if you ever doubted it!).

5.0 out of 5 stars an outstanding book written truely for the people, 23 July 1999
By A Customer
This man is a remarkable person, who is truely a healer in every sense, He has done a lot to help the people in every way he could. I know this from experiencing his healing. His book tells you in a simple way how to live as one should, and of how we have forgotten to live in the simple manner of our ancestors, Living in Harmony.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish that ..., 25 Sept. 1998
By A Customer
For the first time in my life i read a book about a real shamans life, before that I read some novelles about indians, so i bought this book because I wanted to know all the things that I read is true. And It is true, how they live and how much they respect the earth. And I wish that all the people will understand that we have to respect all kinds of life in the earth and in the universe. I am from Greenland so I know what Bear Heart wants to tell os.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many, many words to live by, but oh, so simple., 6 May 1998
By A Customer
The book helps to put everyday life into focus. You feel the authors caring, pain, and love for humans, animals and nature. Bear Heart helps you to take the time to look around you and realize what really is important. The book has so much meaning to me I have given it as gifts to friends who have needed help regaining focus on life and to recognize what is really important. I even gave a copy to my daughter, to help her gain focus. All have enjoyed it and are re-focusing at least some areas of their lives. Very much worth the money and the time to read "The Wind Is My Mother" by Bear Heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable, 19 Jan. 2010
Andrew Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
...this book will change your life, when I read it I feel a sense of peace and relief...it speaks to the soul through the heart. If this book was issued to every person on the planet the world would be a brighter place. Seriously no matter what walk of life you come from the simple Earth connection these stories bring to you will enrich your quality of life and help you relate to your world more clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is filled with hope, love and wisdom, a real gem., 10 May 2010
R. king (northampton) - See all my reviews
This book comes from a remarkable and inspirational teacher with great insight and a depth of wisdom that truly gives food for thought, and written medicine for the soul. I cant thank Bear Heart enough for sharing his teachings and lighting the way. 'The Wind is My Mother' is an asset for anyone who seeks answers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›