5.0 out of 5 stars Just the way things are - no dramas or crisis
For spiritual or non spiritual types, this is a beautifully written book explaining the simplistic forms of life that we choose to create and then confuse and/or burden ourselves with.
We all bring baggage with us based on good and bad experiences yet are not always aware of why or how.
Based on the animation kids characters - Winnie the Pooh, Piglet and all...
Published on 16 Aug 2001 by heddi@imberpr.demon.co.uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick with the real thing
Being a fan of Winnie-the-Pooh, I was looking forward to reading this, hoping that it would articulate some the bear's wisdom, but I was very disappointed. The tone is hectoring, dogmatic and preachy. Stick to the original!
Published on 13 Aug 2011 by Swindon Ian

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery, 7 Mar 2010
Megan Hill - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tao of Pooh (The wisdom of Pooh) (Paperback)
This item came very quickly in the post which was really helpful! It was a little more worn than I'd expected, but did fall under the category of 'good' in my opinion, as it was supposed to! I love the book too, so inspirational and whenever I'm feeling down or need to chill out, I just pick this up and immediately feel better! With it's funny, cute references to Winnie-The-Pooh, this book is great for anyone wanting to know a bit more about Taoism, but who doesn't want it written in baffling, archaic language. Highly reccomend! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover yourself., 15 Dec 2009
Mr. E. W. Palmer (York UK) - See all my reviews
I came across this book by chance in USA. I have lways thought that Whinnie the Pooh was a book better understood by adults (those that have ever bothered to read it) than children. The Tao of Pooh is a book that helps readers to understand who they are. I have given some thought to this over the years and the book helped me understand who I am.
I quote: - While Eeyore frets,.... and Piglet hesitates....and Owl pontificates.... Pooh just is.
Eric just is...but I know any number of Eeyores, Piglets and Owls, accept them for what they are and get on with life.
Eric Palmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple., 26 July 2006
This book talks of the joys of been simple minded and I think that's just what you would have to be to enjoy this book. However, if your looking for a book that encourages you to be free of responsibility, knowledge and work this is for you!

This book is also poorly written with a "he says, she says" format! My advise is if your looking for a book about philosophy or even a Pooh look somewhere else.

However, I should also add that the little information it has about philosophers has made me more interested about reading up on the subject. Of course those parts of the book were coped by the writer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 15 Aug 2004
By A Customer
The scary thing about this book is that it sold shedloads. Preachy, judgemental, anti-intellectual, semi-facist crap aimed at stupid gullible middle-class yuppies, who you can just imagine sighing "oh its so TRUE!" as they read. Absolute rubbish! All you 5 star reviewers should be ashamed. Go read the orginal taoist or buddhist texts if you want to find out about the "Way." Pooh is a KIDS book people and Pooh is a rather sweet, but not so bright bear.

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so..., 18 Sep 2003
Fiona Wynn "Cyzaki" (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
I picked up this book because I love Winnie the Pooh (and who doesn't?) but I found it quite heavy-going. The taoist concepts were quite hard to grasp, but over-all the inclusion of Winnie saves the book.

The Tao of Pooh (The wisdom of Pooh)
The Tao of Pooh (The wisdom of Pooh) by Benjamin Hoff (Paperback - 1 Oct 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01