5.0 out of 5 stars excellent childrens book, 8 May 2002
This review is from: The Complete My Naughty Little Sister Storybook (Hardcover)
dorothy edwards really captures the imagination of the reader and the child with ny naughty sister stories. rewarding enough to read over and over. A fantastic bedtime story book for all ages. The only small drawback is that the descriptive text may be slightly dated for some young children however with a bit of improvisation this wont be a problem. An enjoyable and tireless read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, 29 Aug 2000
By A Customer
When I was a little girl living in England my mother would read these stories to me. Now I am a mother with kids of my own living in the USA. As you can imagine finding this book available after all these years is very nostalgic for me

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete My Naughty Little Sister Storybook, 22 Feb 2014
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This is a beautiful, hardback edition, containing all the excellent Naughty Little Sister stories - from the books, "My Naughty Little Sister," "More Naughty Little Sister Stories and some others," "My Naughty Little Sister's Friends," "My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry," and "My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry's Rabbit." This edition is ideal to read aloud, with larger illustrations, both black and white and colour, by the incomparable Shirley Hughes and which really add charm to the stories.

As a child I loved the Naughty Little Sister stories and they have since been enjoyed by all my children. This edition has been well loved and read over the years and I have found that the stories have been a success whenever I have taken it into classes to read it aloud. Although some of the stories may seen a little dated now, children respond to the everyday situations and to that mischievious, and lovable, little girl and should be on every child's bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST FABOLOUS BOOK, 11 April 2000
By A Customer
This book is really intresting it reminds me of my naughty little sister she is very naughty even if children who are old would likev this book because it reminds them of when they were young by christie

5.0 out of 5 stars My first choice of book to read to my son, 30 April 2014
I absolutely adore these stories, our headmistress used to read them to us in assembly when I was young, and I loved them so much that years later my parents bought me a copy to read to my son, who is 3 now.
Dorothy Edwards has a knack of honing in on the little details that children find interesting, and the language she uses is so conversational and conspiratorial ('there now, I knew you would be shocked too!" sort of phrases when discussing a particularly naughty piece of behaviour), it really seems to appeal to my son.
I would guess at the setting being 1920's/30's which is a good springboard for talking about history in an approachable way with a young child, for example the way the grandmother does the washing, using a mangle etc.
The stories are just really lovely, charming tales. My husband finds them a bit dull, but I think the word he is looking for is "gentle"!
We have been reading these since our son turned 2, as bedtime tales (not massive amounts in the way of pictures so good for when I want him to be laying back and winding down and not peering at the book), but I remember loving these at 6/7 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a gem, 15 Oct 2012
My daughter, now aged 33, had My Naughty Little Sister storybooks when she was a little girl and she loved them very much. So did I, who read them to her. I have now bought this for one of my granddaughters for her fifth birthday who I hope will be as delighted as her auntie was with these delightful and entertaining stories. My husband especially liked the illustrations in this book.

The Complete My Naughty Little Sister Storybook
The Complete My Naughty Little Sister Storybook by Dorothy Edwards (Hardcover - 1 Oct 1997)
Used & New from: £16.36