Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 March 2010
If Like me, you experience bucket loads of shame when being observed as a therapist, then this book will go some way in helping to feel ok about therapeutic mistakes. I found the therapists stories/memories to be funny, heart warming and useful in how not to get it wrong. The learning experiences at the end of each chapter create the potential to increase awareness of client and therapists issues and have the feel of supervision/tutor lead theory slots.
The chapter 'Stories Without Endings' involving duel relationships, serves as a warning to any therapist who might be on the brink of taking on or continuing with a client where you know the clients: Husband, Wife, Child etc, Read this first!!!
Ultimately I was left with a sense of 'We are only human after all' from reading this book. I imagine I will pick up and put down this book for many years to come.