Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 June 2014
Disappointing rehearsal of the obvious with lots of space taken up by repetitive task sheets. Much of its core message seems familiar, very familiar, and there is an over reliance on lengthy quotes.Their lesson structure is a straight copy of the four stage accelerated learning cycle from the 2003 book of the same name.
on 11 February 2014
Creating Outstanding Classrooms by Oliver Knight and David Benson is without doubt the most useful book about educating that I have ever read. In the current climate of ever changing Government education policy and accountability measures is it easy to forget our ‘end game’. This resource puts the learner at the heart of the agenda and provides practical solutions for curriculum change and management of T&L. So easy and clear to follow you can read cover to cover or dip in and out to the chapters most relevant.

This book could not only change your life but it could change the life of all the students in your school!
on 8 January 2015
Although there is a rather corporate approach here, this is still an interesting read and one that any teacher or manager within a school can gain some useful insights from.
on 26 March 2014
This book gave me butterflies. In a time when school leaders are struggling to make sense of ways forward, Oliver Knight and David Benson give us hope. This is a book about how we prepare young people for an uncertain future with zest and optimism. It brought me back to my beliefs, core values and motivations as a teacher and leader. I felt a shift in my perspective and as a result of reading the book I have been able to look at an unresolved problem in a new and refreshing way. This book challenges and inspires and has had an immediate and profound impact on my practice. Although Oliver and David base their research in secondary experience it is also 100% relevant to primary school leaders. If you miss this book you've missed a life changing opportunity - something you cannot afford to do in the current climate.