1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book, very accurate and updated, 15 Jan 2010
Lusitanian (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Understanding Non-Monogamies (Routledge Research in Gender and Society) (Hardcover)
This is a great book that covers many aspects of sexuality often overlooked by researchers and academics. Often writers are afraid of writting about the diversity of sexual relationships that we can find around the world, due to fear of looking bad or being 'shuned' by their research communities.

I think the authors that participated in compiling this book were very brave and achieved a great work by providing insight into one of the most misunderstood human activities - non-monogamy.

I am proud to own and recommend this book to any academic, researcher and clinician working in the area of human aspects of behaviour, sexuality, society and so on.

I abolutely love the deconstruction of the tabu surrounding this topic, especially with the atmosphere of the possible 'illegality' of engaging into such consented seuxal activities. Especially in the USA, where many polyamourous families subsist by pretending to be monogamous families, so that their local communities do not discriminate against children of polyamorous parents who have a lot to gain in keeping in touch with the rest of human society.

I hope this topic opens up our minds, because at the end of the day we are all humans, and we need to be treated as such, independently of one's legitimous choices and desires.

Understanding Non-Monogamies (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
87.81