Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 November 2013
I am a KS2 year 6 teacher in a highly academic school. This book provides me with endless ideas for both Writing and Vocabulary lessons. It really is well worth buying.
on 11 July 2013
As a teacher, I would love to see all classrooms have a resource like this for the teacher to dip into for creative writing lesson planning, and as a support for students who are running low on ideas.
on 3 March 2014
This is great for aiding creative writing! If your kids need help to think of more imaginative words, phrases or sentences, this book will really help. I really recommend this for parents and teachers.
on 19 March 2013
Not sure about pupils 'blank page' sydrome...it's perfect for those days when I have 'blank mind' sydrome!

This will really encourage their creative writing by breaking down the process of grammar (verb, noun and adjectives) and getting the phrases right. A totally dip-in-out reference book I will always have handy by the flip chart. Highly recommended for narrative writing in KS2 and probably above.
on 1 July 2014
I knew what to expect of this book after I read the review.
My child enjoys the book and believes her English writing has improved.
on 25 June 2014
I bought this for my 8 years old son to learn essay writing the descriptions are very useful for the atmosphere and character settings
on 25 September 2015
Wonderful book, really comprehensive tool for writing creatively and easy to use. Both my 6 and 9 year old have found their way around this, and have written some fine work taking snippets from various places to produce some excellent poems and comprehension pieces. Love it.
on 12 April 2015
You do need to support the children with how to use the phrases appropriately but since I started using this my year sixes have become adept at afapting the phrases as models for their own and their narrative writing has improved significantly! Love it!
on 16 October 2014
Really helpful for my daughter who has dyslexia, has been very useful resource
on 6 May 2013
I cannot recommend this book highly enough...especially to all upper school primary teachers and early secondary. Great ideas, excellent vocabulary on a wide range of topics.