Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 January 2015
This is a powerful, insightful and inspiring little book. I direct/coach actors for video games and was drawn to the book as I am curious about the animator's perspective. I'm very glad I did.

Ed Hooks opens up the animators world magnificently. Ed takes you on a journey to the beating heart of the animators art and the essence of animation storytelling. The book is rich with fascinating stories, references, practical insight and ideas. I would recommend this as essential reading, not only for aspiring and practising animators but an essential for actors, directors and anyone who loves animation in any way.

It has left me with a far greater appreciation for the animator as well an arsenal of perspectives to apply in my work. I just wish I could draw.
on 18 January 2013
This book is full of interesting and vital information, advice and lessons about acting specifically for animators.

It looks at behaviour, gestures and really getting into the head of your character to help you produce better character animation. I bought this a while ago now for when I was on my Masters course and would recommend any animator of any level to get their hands on a copy too! Especially if you're animating characters.