5.0 out of 5 stars Getting to grips with grief, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner, Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Having recently been through the experience of caring for and nursing a dying beloved one to the point of death, I looked for material that could help me cope with and better understand the grief I now experience after the passing of my life partner. J. William Worden's Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy is a comprehensive and scientifically well-grounded handbook that is also humane and free from dogmatism. Worden helps both students of (e.g.) medicine, psychiatry and social work - and the grieving reader - to begin to understand the sheer complexity and unpredictability of the greving process within a broad interpretative framework. Above all, Professor Worden helps the reader distinguish between 'normal' and 'abnormal' grieving.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 28 Sep 2011
C. Lloyd "Barry Girl" (Barry) - See all my reviews
I'm currently studying to be a Cruse bereavement volunteer after suffering many deaths (old and young) over the past 20 years and borrowed an old version of this book from our Cruse branch. I loved it so much I bought this updated version. Not only is it a fantastic reference guide for those of us studying grief and bereavement but it's written in such a clear and sensitive way it would be helpful for anyone struggling to understand their own grief or the grief of others. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy, 6 July 2011
I bought this book a few weeks ago and is a fantastic read. I'm studying Counselling so needed the book for an assignment, but even if i wasn't, it would be a great book to have, very helpful. The price is very reasonable and the book was delivered super fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars essential, 28 April 2014
John Callaghan "explorer" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I continually have to get a new copy of this, as i leave mine with clients who find it useful. Essential reading for those involved in bereavement support, one of the semnal texts really.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug 2013
I like the way that this edition shows the author's progressive approach, he has adjusted his model to reflect his experience and changing society.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grief counselling tips., 3 Jun 2014
Super book, excellent for my course in counselling, very insightful and helpful information on such a delicate subject. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clearly written and easy to take in, 1 Nov 2013
I'm still reading this but am finding it a good resource. I work with many people experiencing grief and this text does offer helpful insight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy book to read, 27 Sep 2013
M. S. Greene (uk) - See all my reviews
Again this book was recommended to me as just have started a bereavement awareness course. The author has written the book in an easy to read and understandable way. I am three quarters of the way into the book and have already learnt a lot about the topic. Iwould also recommend this to be on the list of recommended reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 July 2013
Thank you for my book. I got it this morning and I am already finding that it is easy reading and very informative. I also like the Grief Training sessions at the end of the book. I know this will enhance my studies greatly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 16 Feb 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone working with the bereaved.
It is very informative and written clearly and comprehensibly.
An excellent book.