5.0 out of 5 stars Getting to grips with grief, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner, Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Having recently been through the experience of caring for and nursing a dying beloved one to the point of death, I looked for material that could help me cope with and better understand the grief I now experience after the passing of my life partner. J. William Worden's Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy is a comprehensive and scientifically well-grounded handbook that is also humane and free from dogmatism. Worden helps both students of (e.g.) medicine, psychiatry and social work - and the grieving reader - to begin to understand the sheer complexity and unpredictability of the greving process within a broad interpretative framework. Above all, Professor Worden helps the reader distinguish between 'normal' and 'abnormal' grieving.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 28 Sep 2011
C. Lloyd "Barry Girl" (Barry) - See all my reviews
I'm currently studying to be a Cruse bereavement volunteer after suffering many deaths (old and young) over the past 20 years and borrowed an old version of this book from our Cruse branch. I loved it so much I bought this updated version. Not only is it a fantastic reference guide for those of us studying grief and bereavement but it's written in such a clear and sensitive way it would be helpful for anyone struggling to understand their own grief or the grief of others. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy, 6 July 2011
I bought this book a few weeks ago and is a fantastic read. I'm studying Counselling so needed the book for an assignment, but even if i wasn't, it would be a great book to have, very helpful. The price is very reasonable and the book was delivered super fast!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clearly written and easy to take in, 1 Nov 2013
I'm still reading this but am finding it a good resource. I work with many people experiencing grief and this text does offer helpful insight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy book to read, 27 Sep 2013
M. S. Greene (uk) - See all my reviews
Again this book was recommended to me as just have started a bereavement awareness course. The author has written the book in an easy to read and understandable way. I am three quarters of the way into the book and have already learnt a lot about the topic. Iwould also recommend this to be on the list of recommended reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug 2013
I like the way that this edition shows the author's progressive approach, he has adjusted his model to reflect his experience and changing society.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 July 2013
Thank you for my book. I got it this morning and I am already finding that it is easy reading and very informative. I also like the Grief Training sessions at the end of the book. I know this will enhance my studies greatly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 16 Feb 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone working with the bereaved.
It is very informative and written clearly and comprehensibly.
An excellent book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy, 23 Nov 2012
Not got through the whole book yet but was recommended to me for a course of study. Useful book to have by your side if you plan to follow Bereavement Counselling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 23 Sep 2011
M. N. Wilson (Leices UK) - See all my reviews
A fantastic review of various aspects of grief. The auther gives his opinion without declareing it must be right, he points the reader to other ideas and the book is well referenced. A very good acedemic work, well worth having on your bookshelf

ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)