5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous albeit basic book
This book provides an excellent step by step instruction of the syntax and structure of English grammar without going into too great a depth.
I would recommend it both to a new teacher of English and to those wishing to improve their understanding of English as a second language.
Published on 12 Feb 2009 by zammo

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive
Published on 4 Jun 2010 by emsha

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous albeit basic book, 12 Feb 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Grammar Survival: A Teacher's Toolkit (Paperback)
I'm an NQT and it's just what I needed; it explains clearly what to prioritise in teaching grammar, and gives some suggestions for how to teach them. I'm writing a style guide for my KS3 classes and it's helping me out enormously.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 2 May 2014
I ordered this book because it explains the terms and details of grammar clearly.
I have appreciated the links that it makes to lessons and ideas it has given me.

5.0 out of 5 stars One off SPAG, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Grammar Survival: A Teacher's Toolkit (Paperback)
Bought to have easy access to grammar tips to support lesson development. Great teacher guidance and task on facing pages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and worthwhile, 1 Feb 2010
Really made for teachers of English, however, not as colourful or as easy to use as other examples.

Worth it though!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 4 Jun 2010
I'm afraid I am returning this book to Amazon. It is a sound guide to basic grammar but the suggested activities are very vague and don't add much to the information given. Because of the 'Toolkit' title I expected a 'how to' guide, but it doesn't provide this. However, if you want an explanatory text about grammar and you don't mind paying nearly 15 for this, then it will be fine.

Grammar Survival: A Teacher's Toolkit
Grammar Survival: A Teacher's Toolkit by Geoff Barton (Paperback - 4 Jan 2010)
22.99