on 15 June 2012
It is all too easy to say 'if only', yet had this textbook been available when I was an engineering undergraduate, then perhaps I might not have struggled so much.

The book starts out with a section on mathematics, which is essential to all engineers, after all, the Dragons from 'Dragons Den' home in on any hapless investee who has not done their sums correctly and engineering is no different. If an engineer can get their sums correct, then the rest is straightforward application of mathematical technique to solve problems in a logical manner, which is exactly the approach adopted by the authors.

Overall, highly recommended reading to all levels of engineering students and practising engineers.
on 12 June 2012
I bought this book for my final exams for my degree and only wish I had it for the whole duration of my degree. I have always struggled in the area of applied maths and this book is one of the best I have come across.

It is one of the few books I have come across which is set out in a logical step by step fashion, explanations for terms and concepts at the beginning of each chapter are extremely helpful along with the revisionary mathematics section at the beginning of the book; I found this very useful as had a few years out before going back to do my degree so was a good way of jogging my memory. Questions are worked though along with explanations for each chapter as well as exam style questions which are found at the end of each section with final answers given so you can tell if you are getting them correct.

It is a book I am sure I will be referring to in years to come and really is worth the money. In subjects I had real difficulty in grasping and understanding, I followed though the chapters and worked examples in this book and came out with 75% in my exam in this subject compared with previous year's marks in this subject of 42% and 56%. A superb book and highly recommended.
on 1 November 2013
I got this book to learn a few things before i start university doing Mech Eng so i wouldn't look like a potato on my first year.
and it is truly amazing, it explains everything very well.

many examples questions to do.

covers many topics.

price is abit high? yes, but can you find any other university level book cheap NO.

and its a very technical book so it is worth the price you pay.

very happy with my purchase and im happy to buy again from this seller.
on 10 August 2013
For all engineers. This book gets to grips with the finer points of engineering and guides you through how the equations are derived and what it all means. Great book.
on 15 October 2014
A really well structured book on mechanical engineering principles, which I'm enjoying working through.

Lots of problems for the reader to play with make it very engaging.

The only downside is that the formatting on the Kindle version is abysmal, and the light blue colouring used for highlights makes it awkward to read.

So forget the ebook version: go for the paperback
on 21 October 2013
This was a gift for my son and he said it was excellent for someone continuing their engineering study. Great value.
on 16 October 2014
The book is well written and structured but I did struggle with the lack of examples and maybe even some additional figures could be used to help.

All-round it's a good purchase for anyone studying mechanical engineering or even just as a really helpful reference guide to fundamental engineering formulae.
on 2 April 2014
Very good book whether you are studying at college HNC level or degree level. Broken up nicely and very intuitive. Probably would need some background or be in education to make sense of most of the stuff though. A good aid for college!
on 11 February 2013
Mechanical Engineering Principles

The book is very nicely presented. There is a good section on "revisionary mathematics" which will be especially useful for year one engineering students who come from many considerably different Maths/Physics backgrounds. It usefully addresses some Thermofluids as well as Solid Mechanics and Dynamics, which does mean that it can't go into too much depth on either. This is a very good general text to supplement deeper, more subject specific texts and it will be useful for a large number of courses.
on 28 November 2012
`Covers all subjects included in the course syllabus for the module: Mechanical Principles and some other subjects that are covered in other modules of the course. The text is clear and unambiguous with lots of examples both worked or not for students to practice the methods explained.'