5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of things to think about; excellent!, 23 July 2011
This review is from: New Perspectives on Yugoslavia: Key Issues and Controversies (Paperback)
Once again, Djokic has provided a very well written and balanced view on several specific questions inside the Yugoslav microcosm. He and all the co-authors have a lot to say which makes me a bit sad that this book is not two or three times larger. My only criticism is for the publisher: was it really not possible to make high-quality illustrations from several relatively simple maps used in the beginning? Otherwise, I wish Djokic would simply write (or organise and edit) more, much more. He and the people he works with are a very welcome change from the usual Yugoslavia-related publishing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly readable and informative, 21 Oct 2010
I'm biased of course because my son wrote a chapter of this, but I found the book easy to read, it brought up issues that I hadn't thought of concerning how the people themselves thought and reacted to the events that were unfolding around them. It gave me much greater insight into the conflict.

New Perspectives on Yugoslavia: Key Issues and Controversies
New Perspectives on Yugoslavia: Key Issues and Controversies by Dejan Djokic (Paperback - 20 Aug 2010)
26.99