5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and comprehensive, 16 Feb. 2011
Alina Riskute (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danish: A Comprehensive Grammar (Routledge Comprehensive Grammars) (Paperback)
It is really good reference to have if you want to master the language. Currently I am learning Danish at a basic every day level, so yet I have not used the full potential the book offers. What I really like is that to all rules there is an example in Danish and English below, so you can get the sense of the sentence and how it is constructed. And the book itself is well structured, so it is easy to find the specific subject you need. I have tried some 'smaller' grammars but they often oversimplify and then become useless in a bit more complex cases.
So to sum up, if you are going for advanced danish language this book will be useful, for beginners quick reference it may be to much of information, but it is better to have extra material available in one edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars High level of grammar., 13 Feb. 2014
Tori (UK/Denmark) - See all my reviews
This was a great purchase, it works well along side the Danish course I am on, in Denmark. It has helped a lot as its a long time since I did grammar in school and I have learned a lot about my own english as well. There is A Lot of information here, its hard to take it in, so I use it as a reference or to clarify whern I'm not sure.
It is a heavy book with a lot of thin pages and its paperback, so its not going to hold up if I tried to take it with me to every class.
It gives good examples of useage and the english equivilent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danish for all levels, 26 Jun. 2011
This book is very easy to follow and is more comprehensive than the books I have received in my Danish language classes in Copenhagen. I wish I knew about it earlier since it is a must have for those who need to become fluent in Danish. It is easy to follow and helps to explain a lot about languages, since I'm not fluent in another language than English.

Danish: A Comprehensive Grammar (Routledge Comprehensive Grammars)
Danish: A Comprehensive Grammar (Routledge Comprehensive Grammars) by Philip Holmes (Paperback - 26 April 2010)