5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool
This book is really good. It's very interactive and in no way patronizing (some exercise books are). It's very useful.
Published 15 months ago by Geraldine

2.0 out of 5 stars Depends what you use it for
Published on 25 Oct 2011 by Sarah

2.0 out of 5 stars Depends what you use it for, 25 Oct 2011
Sarah (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Multimedia Journalism: A Practical Guide (Paperback)
If you are a novice with modern technology, new to the whole idea of modern journalism then this would be brilliant. As an 18 year old who has lived with this technology (ie. video, cameras, internet, blogging) it doesn't teach you anything new. Was bought as part of a course book-list at university, however I have since returned it, as have many of us, as we have already learnt the stuff it teaches.

On the other hand, for another type of customer it could be very helpful - for beginners who want to learn about media in the modern world, and are learning relatively from scratch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool, 25 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good condition, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Multimedia Journalism: A Practical Guide (Paperback)
I havn't read the whole book yet, but was in great condition when I got it, and my journalism tutors told me to get it, so I guess it's great.

2.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTE beginners only, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Multimedia Journalism: A Practical Guide (Paperback)
Perhaps could be useful for journalism students very new to the subject but as a third year degree student I could have written it myself. A lot of it is very basic knowledge that you could really figure out using common sense. A few interesting case studies but not enough for the price tag. Could do with a lot more information on social media - after all this is just being effectively harnessed by the industry.

I've graduated now - didn't use it at all while at uni and I dug it out recently to help some older journos understand Twitter but it had no useful information.

ARRAY(0xa7692504)

Multimedia Journalism: A Practical Guide
Multimedia Journalism: A Practical Guide by Andy Bull (Paperback - 25 Feb 2010)
30.99