5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry (Jumpstart), 30 Dec 2008
Stella Sudds - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jumpstart! Poetry: Games and Activities for Ages 7-12 (Paperback)
Poetry (Jumpstart)
I am a fan of Pie Corbett and have not been disapponted with this excellent book. It is crammed full of writing and reading ideas for poetry learning with increased enjoyment and fun. I feel sure that using these activities will support the children's love for reading and writing of all genres. I also bought the Jumpstart storytelling and the Jumpstart creative writing books with this one and now I have a pocket full of teaching and learning diamonds to dip into for all sorts of learning objectives, but mostly to lead all the children to love language and stories. He suggests to achieve a poetry loving environment we begin staff meetings with a poem. There's a thought!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry Jumpstart, 9 April 2011
In my view this is the best of the Literacy range of Jumpstart books. So many activities packed into the book that are easily adapted to non-poetry activities. My year 6 class have produced some fantastic poetry using ideas from the book. A must buy for teachers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Literacy, 22 Feb 2013
Ms. S. L. Wicks "book fiend" (Wakefield, West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book with lots of fun ideas to do with the students I teach in my Literacy lessons. Thank you x

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, packed with great ideas., 23 Jun 2014
J. Thomson - See all my reviews
Brilliant book, love it - so many great ideas for activities, either as part of a lesson or as starters. I love Pie Corbett's books in the Jumpstart series. It was an activity in this particular book that helped me secure my NQT year post (starting in September!), it really contains some lovely, effective and memorable activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 23 Mar 2014
Once again an extremely useful resource from Pie Corbett. Valuable throughout primary school. Time fillers or a base for longer lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book full of ideas, 8 Mar 2014
Mrs. J. S. Mchale (uk) - See all my reviews
I am already a fan of Pie Corbett and this book does not disappoint.
It is full of brilliant ideas to inspire children to speak and write creatively.
I have used it many, many times already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 7 May 2013
Pie Corbett is a wonderful teacher and a very good poet. I've used many of the ideas in this book and always with great results. Simple explanations and some fool-proof exercises for your class or for any children (or adults) who love writing poetry. Highly recommended.

Jumpstart! Poetry: Games and Activities for Ages 7-12
Jumpstart! Poetry: Games and Activities for Ages 7-12 by Pie Corbett (Paperback - 9 Sep 2008)
12.99