4.0 out of 5 stars EAL Teaching
Clear, concise, easy to follow lesson plans with resources. Not five star as resources could do with some colour.
Published on 29 Oct 2010 by Ms. C. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to compare!
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by P. G. Foxe

4.0 out of 5 stars EAL Teaching, 29 Oct 2010
Ms. C. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teaching Children English as an Additional Language: A Programme for 7-11 Year Olds: A Programme for 7-12 Year Olds (David Fulton Books) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 2 Oct 2011
This book is mainly aimed at use in a classroom setting with children immigrating from a non-English speaking country to an English speaking one. However, I use it with a group of school children who are learning English as an after school activity (in Belgium) and it works equally well. I Have absolutely no teaching education but have been able to use the lessons practically word for word. Has made preparing for each class much easier!
It was a really good buy, I am very pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to compare!, 10 Feb 2012
P. G. Foxe "Gan Ainm" (London) - See all my reviews
This was actually the only book I could find on the subject. I was going abroad to volunteer teach English and though I had experience, I hadn't taught primary age before. My first week observing led me back to the book and all the teaching techniques I'd just witnessed were in the book so I never needed it! But it did show that all the simple stuff that you might learn from trial and error could be shortcut by using this book. Colours numbers simple phrases, if you don't lknow where to start there are lots of ideas here-which work!

3.0 out of 5 stars Teaching English as AL, 18 Jan 2013
Some interesting worksheets but not possible within the secondary school environment to use the whole programme, so have had to select particular ones. An interesting supplement to other work on EAL

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 13 Sep 2014
Have been teaching ESL for 10 years and found the information and ideas in this book helpful