5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners!, 30 Nov. 2003
Kate Mc (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Politics: The Basics (Paperback)
Having roughly decided that I might like to study Politics at University, I realised that I really didn't know that much about it, and that it might be helpful to get an idea of whether or not the course would be right for me. Then I came across this book, and I decided to give it a go! Its great if you're new to Politics, whether you're wanting to study it or not, and its got loads of helpful definitions along the way. Thanks to this book, I've now applied to do Politics at University, and this is what helped to cement my decision!

4.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for starting a study of the subject, 3 Nov. 2011
Mr. George M. Skinner (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Politics: The Basics (Paperback)
This is a book with a wide ranging coverage of the subject. I would not call it an "easy read", you need to concentrate as the authors go into some detail on their subjects. It is an inexpensive introduction and should give you some good basics for further study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect "basics" book, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Politics: The Basics (Paperback)
This book is perfect for anyone who needs an easy to understand reference for anything related to politics. Even for someone who has been studying politics for years, this book will offer a lot of information and clarity on important concepts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Politics: The Basics (Paperback)
I love politics but hate the news (they waffle, in my opinion) and there is extra stuff, so i needed something to the point, that i (a 16 year old) could understand and relate to, this book was brilliant because it put things into context. However, i must say it's not a simple book, it is easy to understand if you like the subject but it is really aimed at people wanting to study it further e.g. university. Brilliant book!

Politics: The Basics
Politics: The Basics by Nigel Jackson (Paperback - 31 Mar. 2008)
Used & New from: £26.29