5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for A-Level, 12 Mar 2007
Steven Warby (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russia and the USSR, 1855-1991: Autocracy and Dictatorship (Questions and Analysis in History) (Paperback)
This book is absolutely essential if you are studying Russian/Soviet history over a 100+ year period for A Level History. It is divided into thematic chapters, dealing with ideologies and regimes across both the tsarist and communist periods; repression and terror; policy towards the nationalities; constitutional development; economic policy; political parties; social classes; and the impact of both world wars. I recommend it highly to my A Level History students.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good!, 20 May 2012
I was doubtful about buying this book as I wasn't sure how useful it would be. I am currently studying for my A2 Russian History exam and this book is incredible! It is easy to follow and spilt up into different thematic sections. It gives you a lot of detail which is easy to remember from one read through and looks great as evidence in an essay. My course is from 1855-1964, whilst the book goes up to 1991, but you just need to take into account that the few end years aren't relevant. I would definately recommend it!