Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 May 2005
It is rare to find a book for alevel that is both helpful for revision, and interesting at the same time. I had difficulty finding a book that focused solely on language and social contexts, and so was delighted when i found this. I would highly recommend this book to anyone doing english language, as it is an invaluable tool for revision. Few textbooks go into such detail about the subject, and still manage to keep the content relevant.
on 13 February 2003
I am an English Student at Prudhoe Community High School in Northumberland.
The study guide written by my English Teacher has proved invaluable to me as I am expected to do alot of preperation work for lessons away from college. The book is an invaluable revision tool and has helped me to ensure that I always think of the assessment objectives when producing assignments for my english course.
I would recomend this book to any english student. It is useful in both language and literature courses, it is a useful study guide, a great read, and written by an excellent english teacher. Well done Ms Coultas
on 27 January 2014
A little disappointed in this guide as it is not proving very helpful with present A level English Language studies.
on 15 March 2007
I found this book quite interesting, well written and laid out, but extremely irrelevant to the ENB2 Module. As I was re-sitting the module, I was hoping to find a significant study aid in order to gain a higher grade, but I was disappointed with this guide. The English guide does include a few good points on language and gender, but misses out a lot of important parts, which are needed in order to succeed a high grade in the module. I ended up getting past papers and specifications from the AQA website ([...]) and basically teaching myself on the topic, and luckily resulted with full marks in the module. Overall, I found the guide discussed irrelevant (in regard to English Language) points.