5.0 out of 5 stars A most valuable tool for the analysis of narrative texts., 17 May 2001
By A Customer
I was confronted with this book at university during a course on mystery/crime/detective fiction. At first, it seemed a little daunting, but in the course of the following seminars on various other subjects from Jane Austen to E.M. Forster, it proved to be universally useful. Apart from providing an overview of other narrative theories, on which she bases her own, Rimmon-Kenan succeeds in giving the student a set of comprehensive and comprehensible theoretical instruments for literary analysis. Thus she enables the literary scholar to gain profound insights into the narrative set-up of literary works and into the characterization of the characters by the narrator. I'm very glad I've come across a professor who has a great predilection for Rimmon-Kenan's theory. Not only was "Narrative Fiction" a great help in the course of my studies, but it also gave my pleasure reading a new dimension. I had thought I'd lost my copy once, and got a new one. Well, now I have two. But this book is worth every inch of shelf space... even in double.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my studies, 28 Sep 2010
This review is from: Narrative Fiction: Contemporary Poetics (New Accents) (Paperback)
this book is exactly what I needed for my university studies. It has been extremely helpful.

Narrative Fiction: Contemporary Poetics (New Accents)
Narrative Fiction: Contemporary Poetics (New Accents) by Shlomith Rimmon-Kenan (Paperback - 13 Jun 2002)