5.0 out of 5 stars unconscious and hidden defenses
I am soon to complete my MSC in Mental Health Nursing. I wish I had found this book at the beginning of my course rather than the end! clear, concise, easy to read and straight to the point. an excellent addition to any students core book list. Can't recommend it highly enough, but each to their own!!
Published on 13 May 2009 by B. V. King

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Could not get in to it, very disappointing and was left with the view that i have not gained anything by reading the book
Published 17 months ago by Mezzie

5.0 out of 5 stars unconscious and hidden defenses, 13 May 2009
B. V. King (kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unconscious at Work: Individual and Organizational Stress in the Human Services (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful read and a greater understanding of working dynamics, 7 Mar 2009
Judy B. "Psychokitty" (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Well written and can be read in entirety or just dipped into. Really helpful in understanding the hidden undercurrents that affect our lives in any group setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best work-related book i've read, 27 April 2013
I was asked to buy this book when I did a course in child and adolescent mental health and am so pleased I did. It gave a great and easy to understand explaination about well known psychoanalytic theory. I have read it from the beginning to end and as a health care professional, I found it helped me understand how the distress of the work I do can be influenced and get caught-up in the Organization and the behavior of the people I work with. It really helped me make sense of the work I do and the unconscious elements. I was able to relate to all the examples they gave. I feel my professional practice and understanding of my clients and peers has been helped by this book

5.0 out of 5 stars So, thats what this is about, 15 Mar 2013
This is helping me to be more aware of what's really going on. Things are not always as they seem - the unconscious is often at work. Helping me to become more aware of myself and my own motives.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 6 May 2013
This book I will recommend for people in management to read and learn some leadership ideas, to understand their team. Many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Jan 2013
This was a great book, which arrived on time, which was important, as it was a book for university. The condition was perfect, so I was very pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. So well edited & each chapter dealing with ..., 12 Nov 2014
If you work in the public sector you NEED this book. From the examples of how to manage the impossible individual to the self-assigned impossible task, this book covers it. Excellent. So well edited & each chapter dealing with it#s subject matter in a succint, easy to digest manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 28 Aug 2014
I've referred to this book, on and off, for the better part of six years. It is invaluable and insightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Sep 2014
Insightful and thought provoking !

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Aug 2014