2.0 out of 5 stars The Methuen Book of Contemporary Monologues for Women, 29 Aug 2004
This review is from: The Methuen Book of Contemporary Monologues for Women (Audition Speeches) (Paperback)
I bought this book needing a monologue for my acting class, and i was quite dissapointed to see that there were only a few i could use. The one i learnt for my acting class was a passage from "cant stand up for falling down" by Richard Cameron, and I think it is the best piece in the book. My teacher also said it was excellent and he could work with it a lot. But other than that piece there isnt very much good stuff in it, so my advice would be to buy a different book

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Little Speech Book, 1 Feb 2012
Not bad, could include more monologues for a variety of ages, women is a very vast category. Set out in age order so easy to find, good little sections about the character's monologue.

1.0 out of 5 stars A very unpleasant experience of using Amazon, 9 Jan 2014
It was sent to me by mistake when I ordered another book of a similar name which was out of stock. When I pointed this out I was sent a second copy. When I tried to return them I was sent a third copy. I had great difficulty in returning the three books but have just now got rid of them. In the end I wished I had just kept the book and not tried to get a refund. It was really not worth the hassle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this book, 7 Jan 2006
I bought this book a couple of years ago for an acting class at my theatre group. It was the first monologue book I bought, and wasn't very pleased as I hadn't heard of many of the plays in the book. I wouldn't recommend it.

The Methuen Book of Contemporary Monologues for Women (Audition Speeches)
8.99