5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, 19 Aug 2003
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Paperback)
I hope to be taking A level English in my 12th year of high school, as part of the course we are required to write a scene for a play. I decided I would go to my local book store and buy some plays to give me an idea of how to write scenes for a play.
The first play I bought was "Beautiful Thing" by Thomas Harvey. Even though it is the second play i have ever read i thought it was absolutely amazing!
You learn so much about the characters without even knowing their history!
I highly recomend reading this play!

5.0 out of 5 stars love me tender, 4 Nov 2003
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
hi everybody after reading such a superb book based on young love after such awful circumstances befall both boys only to have cupid firing his arrow through the bedroom window hitting them but both boys stll being to scared to admit there feeling for each other it takes the gay times to make them realize how much they mean to each other leading to a hilarious but tear jerking set of events including jamies mother finding out about both boys to dancing with the new lesbian next door.i would recommend anybody to read this if you love a good cry to like me, please be aware there is also a video in all shops to accompany this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
This is one of the best books that i have read in a long time, and let me tell you i have read a load of books.
it was a delight from start to finish and i recommend that you read it.
even the film was as brilliant as the the book.
TOP MARKS are deserved

5.0 out of 5 stars The name sums it up, it is a Beautiful Thing., 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
I've loved this story from the first time I watched the film over 10 years ago. It made a comeback with the recent stage production. I didn't get chance to see that live, but I still wanted to better understand the story, so I bought this. Being a script rather than a novel, it was quite a different read. Not better or worse than a novel, just different, but it still gets your imagination going, and the beauty of the story still shines through. I would encourage anyone of any age to read/watch/embrace this story. It's a Beautiful Thing. (A recording of the stage production is available through Digital Theatre. It's good, but it can't top the movie.)

5.0 out of 5 stars great play, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
this book/story comes from the great writer of tv and books/plays Jonathan Harvey, the book tells of a loving story of two young lads falling in love with each other, well written with humour as well. all set around a housing estate in Thames-Mead in London.
I won't go into to much detail as I recommend you buy it and have a good read, you will not be disappointed. l

4.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Play, 2 Aug 2010
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
After becomming a huge fan of the film, I wanted to investigate the original play script. Its a short modern play that the film has stuck to when transferring it to the screen. Its funny and moving with lovable characters and very easy to read again and again. The lack of scene changes is sometimes unbelievable but this is nothing compared to the well written and beautiful play. I Urge You To Read It!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT WHAT I EXPECTED, 10 Jun 2010
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
After seeing the Television series of Beautiful Thing, I wanted to get the script, as I liked the style it was written in, by Jonathan Harvey, as it would be helpful in a play I am writing. The book is about two young gay guys, which the TV series is based on, but does not include all of the TV characters or dramas. Hopefully the TV script may become available ?

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
it was a delight from start to finish and i recommend that you read it.
even the film was as brilliant as the the book.
TOP MARKS are deserved

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and warm, 26 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
I hope most reading this "review" saw Beautiful Thing film? This book will be intersting to most people who saw the film or perfomance. It's warm, kind and very warm. Read, cry, read and enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and hope-filled, 19 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) (Paperback)
This play is absolutley fabulous. The portrayal of the characters is spot on. Has moments for tears and laughter, and i highly recommend it.

Beautiful Thing (Modern Play)
Beautiful Thing (Modern Play) by Jonathan Harvey (Paperback - 24 Jun 1996)
9.15