Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 19 September 2001
Jim Cartwright is one of the key British playwrights of our time. His plays are a fusion of despair and hilarity, truth and the trivial, profanity and poetry. He is a very contemporary writer, with much to say about surviving modern Britain. "Road" is the chronicle of a single night in a dogend town. "Two" is one of the finest plays of the past twenty years - a treatise on couples which swings from the deeply funny to the highly threatening. Essential modern theatre - see what you've been missing!
on 28 April 2014
I purchased this book for my daughter who is studying for her Drama A level and is required to perform a monologue from one of the plays. She is very pleased with the book, and has managed to choose a suitable piece to perform. A good buy, excellent dispatch and very good quality. I would definitely use the supplier again.
on 15 April 2014
I bought this book because I love Two and wanted to read it again. It is a great little drama for two actors. I have now also read Road which is for more actors but again very Northern, funny yet moving.
Whilst the plays are getting slightly dated now, Cartwright is a great writer along the lines of Godber and Ayckbourn.
on 17 August 2014
The condition was not what I expected - there were commengts written in it - admittedly in pencil but even so not what I really wanted.
on 19 April 2014
Good book. Played woman of the couple in bed. A funny story. Great script from Jim Cartwright. Little voice next performarmance
on 21 February 2014
my son needed this book for his university course as he was studying Road .This was just what was required.
Excellant
on 23 January 2016
For my son he enjoyed reading the book
on 1 November 2014