on 29 July 2015
I am really pleased that I decided to buy this book as I did hesitate initially. Upon first glance it appears to explain everything in minute detail and even has questions at the end of some sections. I'm thoroughly looking to getting my teeth into this book in order to put me ahead of the game before my course starts in September
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2005
I found this casebook ideal when studying contract law. Along with 'Ansons Contract Law' by Beatson, it was my recommended case law text and i felt to two worked well in tandem.
The book is well set out, and contained the relevant detail on all the key areas I studied.
Personally, and maybe sadly, I enjoyed contract law, and although it isn't always the easiest subject area, I honestly feel that you cannot go to far wrong with this book.
on 20 October 2013
This book is one of the more expensive core text books on my legal syllabus and so to find it for such a cheap price but also in good condition at said price was remarkable. Packaging, delivery etc. was all up to scratch as well. Excellent find.
on 26 August 2003
BBF (as it is commonly called)is the standard textbook in UK law schools in the Contract law and Obligations 1 module.It equips the student with a detailed and accurate description of the caselaw and provides in depth understanding of the complexities of contract law.I would highly recommend it to all new students in law.It is a tool that they will use for the duration of their studies.
on 5 July 2013
The book is a horrible book for your exams. Its too lengthy, contains unnecessary analysis, takes a DIY approach to main areas of discussion (for instance Unfair Terms) and basically is a copy/paste compilation of journals and case law.

A better book is McKendrick. For an analytical case book the one written by Chen Wishart is better.
on 22 May 2013
My son who study in London School of Economy asked me to buy this book. He passed his exam, so I think it must be OK
on 27 December 2015
"BBF" as it is known is an invaluable companion to any contract law course and definitely gained me a few extra marks in the exam.